Aug 25, 2024

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.


Well, another week has come and gone. Work is steadily picking up which just means craziness for the next two months at least! I think we start dialing back to normal paces around November as that's usually when all the different companies' open enrollment comes to an end. I volunteered myself to attend one of our "conference" "meetup" type calls in person that's at our local office. I figure I'll try to take some initiative and whatnot. I don't know if any of our managers will be there, I think at least 2 of my other team members will be there. It's probably been a year since we last saw each other in person too! So that will be nice...driving and parking will be another stress inducer though! Lol. Our building space is freaking huge and I don't think I've ever actually been to it! I picked up my laptop stuff at another smaller location that was probably more of the IT hub or something! Lol. So it will be an interesting day next month, that's for sure! I was quite surprised when my half of B&N orders actually arrived when they said they would. I was already besmirching them for not being here on time because there were still at another location waiting to be "received" or however that nonsense goes. The first half of my orders were late. So it's going to be a very, very, VERY stressful October folks! Lol. You all know what releases in October!!! ;)

Anyway, onto my haul for the week:




Tiger's Tale by Colleen Houck--I remembered hearing she was writing another installment so I just preordered it back at one of the B&N sales! The actual cover has pretty purple mist below the tiger's chin! 
Wisteria by Adalyn Grace
Wisteria by Adalyn Grace--B&N edition; I started down the path of both editions, so I must see the trilogy through! Lol.
Black Sheep by Rachel Harrison--an impulse preorder on the last one (not this week's)!



Then my August Fairy Loot book came in. I couldn't remember what this one was about and when I read the cover jacket I was pleasantly surprised! It sounds intriguing, but the size is pretty intimidating based on the story. I guess I figured it would be a mid 300 but it's 400+!





And I actually got my Owl Crate book this month! I really need to take a picture of the new box but I had just recycled it when I remembered and was too lazy to get it back out! Lol. I saw the guess for this ne and it was one I was curious about so I decided to just get the OC edition because the OG cover was just eh. The OC cover ended up being pretty cool, so yeah, definitely happy with this one!




Then I received my freebie gift from Kim Harrison! I forgot what book it was that she started doing "tour freebies" where she had a cool item that tied into the story and I've always gotten one! I love being able to pick one up in person at her tour stops, but she said this year she might not get to go to many places as her publisher had her out on tour for her earlier release. So I figured a SASE was worth the cost to make sure I get one for my collection! Lol.




It's a toe tag for character who is making a big and exciting return and I cannot wait! Which is why I have to read last year's book so I can be ready for this year's! Lol. I was a little upset the paper quality didn't match the previous toe tag she did some years back, but oh well! 



And that was it for me this week! What exciting new books did you get?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!