Oct 6, 2024

Stacking the Shelves--The Motherlode Edition

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.


What a week! It was long, it was tiring, but it was a lot of fun! I had not one, not two, but THREE book signings this week! One was in Naperville, so I took so half vacation days to get some looooooong driving in and extra sleep for the following day. But it was AMAZING! On Monday, I FINALLY got to meet Maureen Johnson as she was able to reschedule her visit and my 12 long year waiting to meet her finally happened! She was originally going to be at RT 2012 but she had to cancel for some reason I can't remember, and every year since she has not really come close enough to St. Louis where I could see her but I FINALLY MET HER! Then Tuesday, I drove to Naperville and met Delilah S. Dawson and Kevin Hearne again! Kevin even recognized me from the time I met him at RT 2015 in NOLA! So that was fun!! Then on Thursday, Sabaa Tahir RETURNED to St. Louis, so I of course went to see her again and had a blast!! As to what happened for the rest of the week...nothing really. Lol. Work was the usual busy but manageable, honestly, the author visits were the highlight of my week, so everything else kind of gotten forgotten as I sit down to write this post! Lol. And OH! ALL my B&N preorders actually arrived this week! I FOR SURE thought they wouldn't arrive until Monday or Tuesday at the going rate but they all showed up Saturday! Luckily I was able to sneak all the books to my room before anyone saw, because this is going to be a pretty big haul this week! lol.


Here's what I got:





Bloom by Delilah S. Dawson--SIGNED
Candle & Crow by Kevin Hearne--SIGNED
Heir by Sabaa Tahir--SIGNED
Prince of Glass & Midnight by Linsey Miller
Hunterlore by Dana Claire
Killer House Party by Lily Anderson
Fang Fiction by Kate Stayman-London
The House at Watch Hill by Karen Marie Moning
I'll Be Waiting by Kelley Armstrong


**I have no idea why these two titles would not accept their color as I did try to make them a different color than white. Weird.



Spectacular by Stephanie Garber--Dutch edition! Yes, I am sorely tempted to translate and read this as I go! Lol, but I'll be good and wait. I only even took a little peek at a few pictures inside as I want to be able to read and see them together. I don't know whether this is a form of self-torture or not! Lol.





Then at the Sabaa Tahir signing I was among the first 25 to purchase a ticket so I got this neat goodie bag of swag:





It was basically a survivor's kit to reading Heir! I got:
a map
tissues--which I totally intend to save for when I binge this duology!
character art prints
a stress ball--which will also likely be needed when I read this!
a temporary tattoo
a bag of tea
some buttons
stickers




Then I got my preorder gift for The Mirror of Beasts! I had forgotten I did this or unless it automatically came when I ordered it from her bookstore. I can't remember as my first book copy is the Fairy Loot one so this likely won't even fit.



This was a dustjacket so that the duology can match, which I LOVE when publishers do this when they change the second book of a duology like that! But yeah...I really don't recall entering for this as I didn't have it on my list!



And finally, I decided to buy a spooky cover for my reading pillow as I really do enjoy using it! It helps my arms and wrists out a LOT! I had a cute composition notebook style already, so I had to go for spooky cute ghosts and I had a coupon on top of the sale so it was a bargain!






And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!