Oct 1, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


Due to possible travel constraints and whatnot and not being 100% certain of my current read today, I bring you a teaser from my latest read.


"'We all have demons. What defines us is how we choose to face them.'" p 228










TITLE: A Dawn of Onyx
AUTHOR: Kate Golden
PUBLISHER:
Berkley
GENRE: NA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: October 10, 2023



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Read Because of the Hype & LOVED!



*in no particular order
**all of these books were chosen because of how much I was seeing them in the blogosphere, back when it was hopping! It was enough that I got curious about them and picked up a copy and pretty much all were winners in some sense! 





10. ANGELFALL by Susan Ee
9. SCYTHE by Neal Shusterman
8. THE 5TH WAVE by Rick Yancey




7. LEGEND by Marie Lu
6. SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi--
I remember what ultimately led me to read this one was finding this particular hardcover in the bargain section at the bookstore, I think it was BAM back when we had one here. It was definitely one that took me by surprise
5. A TOUCH OF DARKNESS by Scarlett St. Clair






4. HUSH, HUSH by Becca Fitzpatrick
3. THERE'S SOMEONE INSIDE YOUR HOUSE by Stephanie Perkins--definitely got help from the blogosphere on this one! When I see contemp authors journey into a different genre, I always find myself hesitant but luckily the hype was real on this one! Loved it!
2. POISON PRINCESS by Kresley Cole--ironically another bargain section find too! I think it might have been the case of ordering too many hardcover copies because there was nothing wrong with the copy I bought! And omg, my love for this series runs deep!






1. OBSIDIAN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--the hype definitely helped direct me to this one. I think I had just read Half Blood and thought, okay, a book that sounds like Roswell, let's try it! So I bought the kindle copy which had been on sale or something and then I loved it so much I had to buy the paperback and managed to get this copy just before it became hard to find!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!