Oct 8, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


This teaser is pretty much how I knew Tella would be my best book BFF!


"'I've heard Legend's performers never truly die. So maybe I'll push you out to see if the rumors are true?'

Tella didn't know if the young man's threat was serious, but it was too tempting to hold back from saying, 'Not if I shove you out first.'" p 75








TITLE: Legendary
AUTHOR: Stephanie Garber

PUBLISHER: Flatiron Books
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: May 29, 2018



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Top 10 Bookish Brags


*in no particular order


10. HAVE CAR, WILL TRAVEL--I am pretty much willing to drive any amount of distance to see an author, be it the first time or 5th time! It usually depends on how many books of theirs I have, will the trip require vacation days and/or hotel stays, and just how far it is and me gauging the worth of it all.
9. GO THE DISTANCE--I once booked a flight and hotel stay for my mom and me to go to Pittsburgh in 2008 to meet one of my all time favorite authors, I also convinced her that this convention had other authors I read too and since I said I'd pay for the travel expenses she was like okay! I was a little too scared to fly on my own at that point, hence the reason why I was asking her to come on my dime! Lol.
8. PURSES FOR BOOKS--I used to buy my purses in sizes that I knew could hold a book! This was mainly in my school days where we weren't allowed to carry backpacks around, but a girl could carry her purse, so yes, I made sure I had a purse in every size for every size book I owned! Which thankfully at that time, they were never BIG BIG books
7. USED TO RE-READ A LOT--wayyyy back in the day, long before blogging, heck even just a few years before blogging, I used to re-read ALL THE TIME! Now I rarely have time for it, but on occasion I make exceptions! ;)
6. HOUSE SHOPPING FOR LIBRARY ROOMS--I'm still on the lookout for my forever home, lol. So far it's been slow going but I'm hoping with rates dropping things might start popping up soon, and yes, I am looking for a house where I can have a library room...as well as ample living-room space for bookcases. 
5. OWNING WAY TOO MANY BOOKMARKS--I have an extensive bookmark collection dating back from my childhood. Yes, I still have bookmarks I bought way back at the Scholastic School Bookfairs! The collection continues to grow, but it's maybe 3 or 4 a year if that these days! Lol.
4. TRAVELED TO 15 STATES--I have traveled to 15 different states solely to visit authors and by the end of the month it will be 16! Some states have had multiple cities too!
3. MULTIPLE COPIES OF BOOKS--I never once thought I'd own more than 1 copy of the same book but then things like cover variants happened, bonus content happened and then there's special exclusive editions or anniversary collector's editions. And yeah, if I LOVED LOVED the book, I usually end up with an extra or two...
2. OWNING OVER 2K BOOKS--my current spreadsheet has me with over 2,000 books in my "collection" and this doesn't include the stack I have marked as "maybe read one day!" Or I might not read them, it's undecided still.
1. OWNING 185 STEPHANIE GARBER BOOKS--my current collection stands at 185 copies over the course of 6 books. Of course, this number will change once Spectacular releases! And then the special collectors' sets from the US AND the UK! So yeah, We'll be hitting 200+ before the end of the year!



 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!