Oct 15, 2024

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


I feel like I am seeing some of the other seeds of OUABH being planted in this one! I mean I knew Stephanie was slowly getting an idea for it at the time of writing this one, but now I'm wondering how many seeds were coincidental or not. Lol.


"Tella knew she'd found the right place when she saw the door clapper shaped like a broken heart. It felt like a warning that nothing good come from stepping inside." p 145









TITLE: Finale
AUTHOR: Stephanie Garber
PUBLISHER: Flatiron Books
GENRE: YA Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: May 7, 2019



Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. 


This week's topic is: Top 10 Books I was Assigned to Read in School



*in no particular order
**I pretty much hated every book I was "assigned" to read...so maybe don't read my comment if the book happens to be one of you fave! Lol. The last 2 are ones I actually enjoyed, as an FYI. Lol.




10. HAMLET by William Shakespeare--yeah...I just didn't get this one. Shakespeare was just hard for me as a teen. It was always so confusing. All the metaphor type speech...it confused me endlessly and still does. Lol.
9. ROMEO & JULIET by William Shakespeare--yeah...besides the language style barrier, the actual story of this one aggravated me to no end!
8. THE GREAT GATSBY by F. Scott Fitzgerald--when I was required to read this one, I was already in my I WANT TO READ PARANORMALS streak and this story just bored me.





7. GREAT EXPECTATIONS by Charles Dickens--honestly, from the very first line, I knew this book would be the death of me. And for that particular unit in high school English class, it nearly was! Thank you Spark Notes, you saved my bacon!
6. THE ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN by Mark Twain--I don't remember having a strong dislike of this one, just that it bored me as well. I guess Tom Sawyer might have been better as I remember that JTT movie being fun! Lol.
5. MACBETH by William Shakespeare--sorry, William, I just could not get into your stuff.





4. THE DA VINCI CODE by Dan Brown--again, this was probably one of the ones I disliked the least. It was for a fun course I took in college about conspiracies in literature. But overall, I was entirely bored with the book. I was again thick into my paranormal streak at this point and YA Paranormal was FINALLY coming to life!
3. MUMBO JUMBO by Ishmael Reed--this was again for that same college course. It was just very, very confusing. And when I encountered a chapter number that repeated itself, I was ready to throw the book across the room. I didn't of course, I couldn't do that even to a book I disliked...another student did so I lived vicariously through him for that moment! Lol.
2. THE PRINCESS BRIDE by William Goldman--at last! I finally had a college course that brought up a book I ADORED and had read a few times on my own previously! This was another fun one where we read a book, then watched the movie and did some talks about differences and parallels...that kind of thing! Very fun!






1. THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexandre Dumas--at last! The one book I actually enjoyed that I was assigned to read in high school came up in my senior year in the English class that I took for fun because I already had all my English credits. This book was the best I was ever forced to read in school! Again, I was in my paranormal craze at the time (and really, that never ended!) so that I enjoyed a book without an ounce of paranormal or fantasy was shocking! I think it was his looooong game of revenge that I enjoyed the most and what kept me intrigued!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!