Mar 6, 2014

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
 
 
This week's question is: Recommend some of your favorite back-list books – books that are at least a few years old (I’m thinking 5-10 years old rather than classics)
 
 
MY ANSWER: Oooh this is going to be fun!! Click titles to be taken to Goodreads pages!
 
 Old Magic by Marianne Curley (2/26/02): simply said it involves magic, curses, time traveling and yes, a bit of romance. But it's not insta love so YAY! This was one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE reads way back in the day pre-Paranormal YA. I re-read this baby a few times because it was just so awesome and was what I was looking for in a read!







Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes (2001): This was my first vampire novel. I might have read the first book here, In the Forests of the Night. What I LOVED about this book? Well first the heroine was named Jessica! Totally loved that at 13! She was a writer--and this was a time I already found myself loving to write stories. And of course, the big bad vampire falls in love with her. Our anti-hero shows us some new colors here and I just looooooved that! This was pre-Paranormal YA days people, so remember that if you give this one a try! It's definitely going to have a different "feel" to it.




The Forbidden Game trilogy by L.J. Smith (12/1/97) [read in 2001 or 02 likely]: I read this one in this format as well. I loved, loved, loved this series! Best yet, L.J. says she has a book 4 in the works but might be awhile until it's out. But this one involved a mysterious boy who was in love with a girl. He wanted her. Yeah, it was pretty possessive-like and creepy, but that's what made it sooo good! In the first book alone, he sucks her and her friends inside a game where they must face their worst fears! And not all of them make it out alive! Seriously! ;)
 
 
 
 
The Mediator series by Jenny Carroll aka Meg Cabot (11/1/00): This series was my shining light! First published in 2000, I probably found it about then or in 2001. This is the cover I have and people, I tell you, this series saved my life! I was dying for Paranormal YA and it wasn't quite out yet and then I found this series and I fell so in love! We have Susannah, a teenage mediator. She can see and talk to ghosts. When her mother moves her to a new house in California, it's beautiful. Only there's one thing...her bedroom is occupied by a dead cowboy ghost. But at least he's hot! ;) This was such an awesome series! I loved it from beginning to end! And at first I thought it was just four books. Then in 2003 I found the fifth one and was when I learned that Jenny was really Meg! Then it was in 2005 that the 6th and somewhat final book came out! And just last year, Meg announced that there will be a BOOK 7!! I am so freaking excited about that one! And all I have is that there will be a 7th book, but I sooo cannot wait til it comes!!! Eep!
 
 
Okay, I'll stop there! I can go on and on people! If you want more Paranormal titles, mostly YA ones, I can totally recommend more but don't want my post to get more longer than it already is!





19 comments:

  1. Oh the mediator series was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old magic is one of my favorites too, you make me want re read too, its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't actually read any of these. Great list. I'm adding Old Magic to my TBR.
    Old follower.
    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously loved me some L.J. Smith and Amelia Atwater-Rhodes back in the day. Still do ;)

    Jessica @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all new to me. Think I might go check them out.
    Happy Friday:) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read any of these books yet they look interesting tough I'll be sure to check them out :)
    P.S. followed you :)
    MyFFF
    Rimsha@Ramblings of a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are newbies to me. Great picks!

    happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! Oh I loved the Mediator Series as well, especially Jesse. :) thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't read any of these books! Thanks for sharing them Jessica! :) Old follower!

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard of The Forbidden Game, but I've read the Secret Circle books and want to read the Vampire Diaries books. I added this series to my TBR too.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, not only have I not read these, Jessica, but I've never heard of them. And I thought I'd read all of L.J. Smith's! *ha* I'm going to check out them all - especially Demon in My View. ;)

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *gasp* I'm like Brandee, I have never heard of your favorite back-list books! They do look awesome, though :) Thanks for sharing Jessica!

    Have a fantastic Friday - and thanks for stopping by earlier.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Old Magic! Really nice picks :)

    Old Follower
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of Old Magic before! I'm definitely throwing it on the TBR list! At first glance, the girl on the cover looked like Kristen Stewart!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Old follower. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :D Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sound like some great picks - and you even have a Meg Cabot series I have not read yet! Very excited to check it out!! Thanks for stopping by mine and for sharing :)

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never heard of these books before. But I am happy that you enjoyed them so much.
    Thanks for stopping by mine fff :D

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh these look great! Checking these out now :-)
    Jessi @ The Book Cove

    ReplyDelete
  19. Old Magic sounds truly wonderful I need to get my hands on this book now! I love how your picks are unique I haven't seen them on anyone else's list. New follower =)
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!