Jan 18, 2021

Let's Discuss: Why is January the Longest Month?

 

So I was trying to think of a discussion post since I haven't written one for half a month now into our new year and then suddenly the idea came to me since I'd been thinking about it for about half a month now! Lol. Do you ever feel like January just drags and drags for you? Well, that's what's been going on in my mind for two weeks or so!


Why is January the Longest Month?


I feel like January is one of the hardest months to get through because it comes right after all that holiday craze! I love the holidays don't get me wrong. Then when we enter January it's about getting back to "normal." We had two short weeks last month with where the holidays fell and that made work tolerable and easy to get through. But since COVID is still out there, the holidays weren't normal or as fun. I mean I'd rather be healthy and deal with a safe boring holiday vs hanging out with too many people and something happening health-wise, but even back in the day when there was no COVID, January was still rough.

There's no more holidays or short weeks, you have New Year's Resolutions, and because I let myself overindulge in holiday goodies I do a January diet just to get myself back to normal. Having to stick to that for four weeks is rough too, let me you tell you! I mean, I assume some of you know this anyway! We all have to diet every now and then for whatever reason. It's just a rough way to start a new year. But I do it every year, you'd think I'd be used to it. Lol.

There's also not as many book releases, it seems like November-January are the slow months in publishing. Yes, we do get some books...I am DYING to read A Vow So Bold and Deadly! Just another week or so to go! A little over a week...but then I ordered a signed copy so it's going to take longer to get to me, the things I do to myself! 

I know January is also my blogoversary month and you'd think I'd have something cool planned for my big 12th blogoversary but I honestly haven't even gotten to that. It's not going to be anything as extreme as my 10th blogoversary, that was actually rough! I was trying to contact so many people and some were late to get back to me and it was  fiasco! So it's definitely going to be more like last year's and years past where it's simple and such! So much easier on my frazzled brain!

 

Wow, that was a lot of rambling. I didn't mean to go on so long! Lol. What about you? How do you feel about January? Does it ever feel extra long to you too?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!