Jan 10, 2021

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

The first week of January is always the longest and the hardest! Man this was a long week. I was so ready for the weekend when it came! Not much happened really. Continuing to stress out with the mail and wondering where 2 of my book orders are. One is still stuck in Jersey City, and despite numerous attempts to reach out to USPS Help, I've gotten nowhere. My other UK book from Fairy Loot has yet to arrive and it's starting to make me panic. Usually I get them fairy quickly the UK once they arrive in the US and since it was shipped out 12/31 it should be in the US by now but my stupid tracking hasn't updated and I can't always get it to work and then DHL says my tracking doesn't exist...I'm in a fit of worry! I've reached out to Fairy Loot for help though and just have to wait for their response. Apparently my email I sent 2 days ago never went through because I never received the "we've received your message" email.

Other than the mail fiasco things were relatively normal and oh so boring. January always seems to bite for me. And with no author signings in sight I'm going stir crazy! I truly hope they are able to come back midyear or even in the fall. I miss being with other bookish people.

 

This was a slow week for books as well. I almost went with a week of nothing! But then I got approved for one of my most anticipated summer releases and that made me day:

 

Red Wolf by Rachel Vincent (ARC)


THANK YOU HarperCollins!!



Then in bookish merch, I won an eBay auction for another Lit Joy Crate coin that I didn't see on their site to buy on its own just yet. I was happy to have won the auction, I woke myself up early on a Saturday morning for it I think? Or maybe a Sunday? Lol. I lost a little sleep needless to say! But I won! And yes, I am a dork!


It's one of their Harry Potter ones and since they've done all the actual "coin" coins...minus the money that is, they did a spell coin! Alohomora: The Thief's Friend! Annnnd when you flip it over...

It shows you how to preform it! It was too cute and I wanted to add it to my bookish coin collection! Lol!




And that was it for me this week! Just the one book which is great for my TBR pile, overwhelming for my review pile, but not too bad on my budget! Sadly next week might be empty too as I had to cancel a preorder for it never managed to go on sale. So I might have to trek out to B&N and see if I can find a copy to save at least 10%!

What did you get this week?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!