Jan 24, 2021

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

Well, this was another meh week. Further proof that January is just a meh month. I had a four day work week yet it was the longest week ever! Things felt incredibly busy at work for some reason. It was just nuts. Really, there's not much to report as things are so blah. And since the world situation is not getting any better, there's no future trips I can even plan. I mean, I totally get being safe and I'm glad we got vaccines rolling out, I just wish we could get back to normal where we can do gatherings and be around people. I felt like I was making some progress on social skills when I could attend a signing once or twice a month and since those went out the window, so did my work on social skills! Lol. Oh well, I feel like we're at least in sight of the path to normalcy! That maybe by the summer we could start to see it a bit more clearer!

 

I didn't actually add much to my TBR pile at all! When I saw one of my favorite indie authors had a free book this weekend I checked it out and was wondering...how did I miss this one?! Lol. So that's what I "bought" this week:

 

Shadow Kiss by Alyssa Rose Ivy

 

And the biggest surprise of my week was when this one showed up:

 

Witchshadow by Susan Dennard (ARC)


THANK YOU SO MUCH Tor Teen!!


Other bookish goodies I received:

Where There's a Witch, There's a Way...T-shirt from Entangled Teen!!!

I also got my exclusive Craver membership card! And yes! I totally put this in my wallet! :D


THANK YOU SO MUCH Entangled Teen!


Then, I once again caved to buying a book sleeve, but I have to say I've been reallllly good about not overdoing these anymore. This week's cave though was super special:

It's a Scooby Doo Valentine's Day sleeve! Normally I'm not a Valentine's Day person, but since this was just Scooby with those candy hearts all around him I couldn't resist! AND the hearts have iconic phrases like JINKIES, JEEPERS, RUH ROH & ZOINKS! And of course, RUV YOU! It was too perfect! So hopefully when I go back to my real book read after my current read, I'll be able to fit the book inside this one!


And as I posted on Instagram Friday, a while back I preordered these Box Lunch exclusive pins that were Disney "Book" Buddies, basically an animal friend/friend of the Disney princess reading a book! There are NINE designs and I had my eyes on three that I realllllly wanted! So I decided to "splurge" and bought myself two because at least that gives me 2/3 chances. Well, I didn't get one of my three. In fact, I only got one. :(

And for obvious reasons, these are non-returnable. Soooo in my next gifting and/or giveaway, if you're a Disney fan...well, here's a spoiler! Lol!



And that was it for me this week! Not too bad all things considered! Two added TBR books isn't strenuous at all! Not that I'd care otherwise! Lol! What did you get this week?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!