Jan 3, 2021

Stacking the Shelves--Delayed Christmas Edition!

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.

 

Well my family and I finally got to celebrate Christmas on Tuesday of this week! It was nice. I popped in A Christmas Story DVD and had it playing while we opened our gifts. Replicating a typical Christmas morning as much as possible. Since we did it around 7pm, we basically skipped the breakfast portion of things. But it was nice. My little nephew could have cared less about all his gifts. He was actually watching A Christmas Story! Lol.

It was a quiet week for books too, which is a relief for my TBR pile! Here's what I got this week:

 

Defending the Galaxy by Maria V. Snyder--Australian edition! Yes, my keeper copy from Australia arrived BEFORE my US copy which is still stuck in Jersey City. One that shipped over a month ago. So weird. I'm starting to get the very real fear that it's going to be deemed "undeliverable." :(


Then I won the October Discussion Challenge giveaway and received my book of choice:

In the Shadows by Jill Nolan--this had been on my wishlist for awhile and it still sounds soooo good! So I picked this one! 

 

THANK YOU Nicole!


Then I received my Owl Crate box finally! Thankfully I knew what the book was and I actually wasn't spoiled for it since it was delivered over a week late. I mean, I am totally understanding that the PO is still backlogged, but others still aren't so considerate of this.

I was a tad disappointed in the alternate cover as it wasn't as stunning as I had hoped but it's still pretty. The rest of the box was a mix of hit and miss.



Then my bookish Christmas gifts were:

The Anderson's Bookshop quarantine shirt! I mean...this isn't even necessarily "quarantine" attire for me, but I still think it's so perfect! Lol!


Bookish socks!! The left pair is the Owl Crate Caraval set and then my mom got me these with books on it where they feet say: Shhhh, I'm Reading!



A pillow that reads: I have too many books...said no one ever

I really like this one, but I think I need a bigger pillow as the current one makes it almost impossible to see the bottom words! I almost didn't when I opened it, but knew my mom would never get me anything that disses reading.


And I naturally got B&N and Amazon gift cards for my book hauling!




And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!