Jan 28, 2021

Random Thursday

 

Time to get back to 49 Interesting Things You Didn't Know About Every Single Ride at Disney World by Fiona Clair! Next week I'll share the final 9 and the link to the article in full as promised! I basically shortened things but if you wanted to read the full details and whatnot you'll be able to!

As before, all pictures are borrowed from the article unless otherwise noted.


Test Track is the fastest ride at Disney World, allowing guests to go up to 65mph when wind conditions are right.


Wow! I didn't realize that!



(image borrowed from YouTube)

When riding The Seas ride, guests will pass through one of the largest aquariums in the world! From 1986 (when it was built) to 2005, the ride held the top spot up until The Georgia Aquarium took its place.


I never knew this was a ride-ride. As I mentioned before, I never spent a lot of time at Epcot!



Mickey Mouse didn't get his first ride until 2020 when Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad opened. You were able to find him in the park in the Hidden Mickey game, but as far as rides went, this was his first!


Well, at least it didn't take the full 50 years!



Each of the limos on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith plays a different soundtrack. The limos will play one of the following songs: "Nine Lives," "Sweet Emotion," "Back in the Saddle"/"Dude Looks Like a Lady" medley, "Love in an Elevator/Walk this Way" medley, "Young Lust"/"F.I.N.E."/"Love in an Elevator" medley.


I never rode this one. I'm not really a fan of the the loop de loop roller coasters! But that's still cool! I'd want to be in the "Back in the Saddle" one! Lol.



The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror was very much influenced by the show. The Imagineers watched 156 episodes of the famed show to get their ideas right for the ride.The hotel itself was modeled after different landmarks in Southern California, like the Biltmore Hotel and the Mission Inn.


I've seen a handful of the original Twilight Zone episodes as well and can totally see this! Love this ride! I hope Disney World never ever rethemes it!



Jim Cummings is most famous in Disney history as being the voice of Winnie the Pooh. But did you know he is also the voice of Hondo Ohnaka for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run!

 

Well, the Stars Wars area is too new for me so I haven't been there. Probably would pass anyway as I'm a Disney girl, not a Star Wars one. Still find it comical that good ol' Winnie the Pooh is almost a Star Wars character! Lol!

 

 

 

 

Star Tours was almost themed for a different movies. Originally it was going to be "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea", it then transformed into a ride for the 1979 "Black Hole," but that was later scrapped as well. Eventually Imagineers worked with George Lucas to create Star Tours.


I think I rode this ride once as a very young child on one of my first trips to Disney World. I remembered being surprised by it even then thinking, this isn't Disney. But the ride was still pretty cool for a non-fan too!




Technology wise, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is pretty unique. According to CNN, the ride has 5 million lines of code, the largest concrete pour in Disney history, a new motor design, and 65 animatronics to develop the trackless ride.


Never been on this one either, but it sounds pretty cool! Though I would probably take a slightly shorter line to Tower of Terror over anything Star Wars.



Artists made sure to wear 3D glasses when painting Toy Story Midway Mania to make sure everything looked the way it was supposed to.


This was actually a pretty good idea! Lol. This ride was pretty fun!



We all know Pixar loves its Easter Eggs in their movies, but there's also one on the Slinky Dog Dash in Toy Story Land. When you pass the box that Rex came in, you might notice a price tag that reads $19.95, with the numbers 11 and 22 along the side of it. This was a reference to when the original Toy Story movie released in theaters.


Oh man, now I want to go back and look for this! Though it can be hard to look for things when you're on a roller coaster, so I am trying to remember when Rex's box is seen. It's possible I may have noticed it back then but can't remember now.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!