Jan 9, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"Great. Great. I've somehow found myself tangled up with a sire, a mermaid, and a homicidal wicked witch who has made it clear on more than one occasion that she is definitely NOT Team Sand. Way to go, Amber! Why don't I just arm-wrestle a dragon and piss off a necromancer while I'm at it?  Kindle loc. 15%*


*This quote comes from the eARC therefore, it and its location are NOT final.








TITLE: The Sweetest Kind of Fate
AUTHOR: Crystal Cestari
PUBLISHER: Disney-Hyperion
GENRE: Magical Realism YA
RELEASE DATE: February 13, 2018 







Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books I Meant To Read In 2017 But Didn't Get To (and totallyyyy plan to get to in 2018...hopefully!!)



*in no particular order




10. THE SKYLIGHTER by Becky Wallace--I STILL need to read this one! And I have NO notes from The Storyspinner! I am in so much trouble! Lol!
9. SHATTERED by Kevin Hearne--soooo need to get caught up with this series! Another one where I lack notes! Hopefully I can just binge those last few books!
8. SENSE OF DECEPTION by Victoria Laurie--oddly, not too behind in this one. 3 books, but compared to other series that's not so bad! 


7. KEEPER OF THE CASTLE by Juliet Blackwell--another series I fell behind in! Think this one too is just about 3 books!
6. SPELLCASTING IN SILK by Juliet Blackwell--when authors have 2 series running or more, it becomes exceedingly hard to stay on top of them all! Lol!
5. TORN by Jennifer L. Armentrout--I've pretty much given up on trying to be totally caught up with her books! Okay, I am going to try to make that a goal this year!


4. THE SWEETEST BURN by Jeaniene Frost--I am in trouble here too! I read the first book as an ARC. That was ages ago. Before my note-taking days. Send help.
3. ARCHANGEL'S SHADOWS by Nalini Singh--sooo very far behind in this series! Eek! And again, no notes!! What was I thinking way back then?!
2. VISION IN SILVER by Anne Bishop--really want to get caught up with this one too! I do believe I have notes with this series! So yay!!


1. A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN by Sarah J. Maas--heard so many things about this one. Some good, some not so good. I am dying to read it! This might actually be top priority after my review books! 





21 comments:

  1. Some series I have never heard of but will have to check out. The whole ACOTAR series has been on my TBR for so so long I need to get to it hopefully 2018 is the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did read ACOWAR. It was good, but it could never live up to ACOMAF for me. I hope you get to some of these this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I need to read some of Anne Bishop's books soon!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACOWAR isn't as good as ACOMAF but it's still a list. I also need to read a Nalini Singh book!

    ReplyDelete

  5. I hadn't heard of any of these books, but I like the cover for Torn. Even the font for the title is pretty.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the teaser. I am behind on many of the series on your list too. Did get caught up with Frost's series though, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many books and so little time to get to them all. Good luck conquering your list. My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to go back and reread ACoTaR. I tried to read the sequel and just couldn't get into it and I think it's because it had been over a year since I'd read the first book. I hope you're able to read some of these books soon. I know that there are a lot of books on my 2017 want list that I never got around to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so many books on this list I'm interested in that I honestly don't know where I would start. I am planning on starting The Iron Druid Chronicles this year and have even bought the first 4 books (well, some were gifts). Hope you make time for all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read Anne Bishop series, maybe this year. Nice list!

    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice list of books!! I hope you read them all in 2018!!

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read ACOWAR too, but I also have to read Tower of Dawn and I can't manage three SJM tomes in one year, there's no way I'm waiting with the TOG finale if it really does come out this year!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/top-ten-tuesday-141/

    ReplyDelete
  13. For some reason I thought you read VISION IN SILVER. In actuality, my list is longer than it appeared today...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so need to start The Others series by Anne Bishop. I've heard such amazing things about those books and must try them for myself. I hope you get around to all of these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Jessica!

    I LOVE your teaser. It's so funny. Sounds like a fun read!


    I joined in with Teaser Tuesday, but didn't actually know where to link up! ;)

    Here's mine: http://bit.ly/2Esz3h7 (At the bottom of the interview)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have't heard of most of these, but the Vision in Silver cover is gorgeous. I hope you enjoy ACOWAR! I wasn't the biggest fan with the ending. I hope you enjoy all the books you read this year :)

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't heard of most of these let alone read them, so you're not the only one :) I hope you love these when you get to them.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I REALLY want to read Kevin Hearne's Druid Chronies (is that the name?) series. I just want to borrow them before I invest in the physical copies, but my library doesn't have them. GAH! Oh, and Torn is also on TBR. I loved Wicked, so I'm not sure why I haven't picked up book two yet...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice teaser! And looks like some good urban fantasy stuff in your top ten too.

    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Read ACOWAR! Also you need to finish the Anne Bishop series and move on with Nalini's books! In that order! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!