Mar 27, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"It's not like I had a death wish, but I...I just didn't feel like me anymore and I had no control. Not over my life, my fate, my purpose, or even my body." p 81














TITLE: Brave
AUTHOR: Jennifer L. Armentrout
PUBLISHER: Self
GENRE: Paranormal New Adult
RELEASE DATE: December 11, 2014







Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Books That Take Place In Another Country


*in no particular order
**eek, this one will be hard! Fantasy countries count too, right? ;)


10. TIGER'S CURSE SAGA by Colleen Houck--well, this series starts out in the US but then they do a lot of traveling! India among them, plus mystical worlds too!
9. PARASOL PROTECTORATE SERIES by Gail Carriger--London of course! Though the series did stretch out to Egypt at one point too! Possibly another country as well, but my poor addled memory cannot recall!
8. THE IMMORTAL EMPIRE TRILOGY by Kate Locke--Britain! Really fuzzy memory here too, I just know it was in that area. I want to say England, but don't quote me on that! LOL!


7. THE FEVER SERIES by Karen Marie Moning--Ireland!
6. DOON SERIES by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon--part Scotland and part Doon!
5. INTO THE DIM by Janet B. Taylor--Scotland!


4. BLACKHEARTS SERIES by Nicole Castroman--more England!
3. REAWAKENED SERIES by Colleen Houck--Egypt in parts!
2. WICKED AS THEY COME by Delilah S. Dawson--Land of Sang...yup, I am not stretching it! Lol! Too many books are taking place in England!



1. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--winning here, for they are in Australia for most of the book and about 1/3 is in the past in...another country! Totally blanking on which one and my copy is buried in my closet!







15 comments:

  1. I really need to read Wicked as they come! That cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of Tiger's curse looks awesome!!

    Here's a link to my TTT ;post for the week:
    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-take-place.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that someone else besides me had read Wicked as they come! I love Criminy!
    And I need to read Into the Dim and Tiger's Curse.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some good books. Yes lots for England. I have tigers curse on mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doon is on my books to read! I hear amazing things about Soulless but I haven't picked it up yet. Maybe this year will be the year :D Have a great rest of your week!

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful list. Into the Dim showed up on mine too. And I REALLY need to start Soulless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should read Colleen Houck apparently, I want to read more books set in Egypt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost put Souless on my list. I adored that series, and love that Carriger let us spend so much time in the world with her three series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep meaning to try Jennifer's books. I see them everywhere!

    My TT from Three Strikes, You're Dead

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Lots of great books from other countries on this list! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got Into the Dim on my shelf - I'll have to get to it soon. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh do I need to read Darkfever. Ugh. Can I have five years of just straight reading time? Would that be possible?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! I STILL need to read Blackhearts! One day I'll get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh I need to read Soulless. I loved Carrier's Finishing School series!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!