Nov 4, 2022

Book Blogger Hop

 

 
This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
 
This week's question is: Do you watch film adaptations of books before reading them? (submitted bu Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer



MY ANSWER: Almost never! I've always "read the book" first! Pretty much every book I've loved that's been turned into a movie, I read it first! It's just how I've been! Even if I hear about the movie first through previews that reveal it was "based off the novel," I will run out and buy the book and read it before seeing the movie!

The only TWO times in my life that I did it the other way was with Jaws AND The Princess Bride! I had watched those movies about 1,000 times growing up before I was deemed "old enough" to read the books that were a little different than the movie and may have had not appropriate things happening at whatever age I was watching the movies that didn't have the inappropriate things!

On a side note, I remember watching The Princess Bride a few times at different ages when I was in school and back in the day, you always had to fill out a worksheet to prove you were paying attention and all. Well, I always filled out the whole sheet for The Princess Bride as I had seen it enough to know the movie by heart! Lol. Loved doing that as I then just got to sit back and relax and enjoy the movie!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!