Nov 3, 2022

Books from the Backlog #3

 

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. This meme is hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books!



Includes:
Book 7 - Huntress
Book 8 - Black Dawn
Book 9 - Witchlight


Vampires, werewolves, witches, shapeshifters - they live among us without our knowledge. Night World is their secret society, a secret society with very strict rules. And falling in love breaks all the laws of the Night World.

The apocalypse is drawing near. But four Wild Powers can save the world from the impending doom. Circle Daybreak, an underground organization with both Night World and human members, is searching for the four who can stop the darkness.

A vampire hunter - who is half vampire - stalks her own kind to protect humans in Huntress.

In Black Dawn, Maggie stumbles upon an old Night World kingdom where the ruling vampire prince is both an enemy and an ally.

And Circle Daybreak hires Keller, a shapeshifting panther, to guard a new Wild power in Witchlight. But when Keller falls in love with the Wild Power's soulmate, her love could destroy everything...

 

This one made it to the TBR pile around July 2011! I remember I found it at a TJ Maxx! At one point my local store was getting in quite a bit of nice YA books! So I saw this one and thought, I loved other series by her and I read one of these Night World books individually wayyyyy back in the day (and since this is already over 10 years ago, it was really back in the day!), I decided to give this one a try! Of course, by buying volume 3, I needed the first two. So I got those as well...sadly I think they both were obtained at a Borders closing sale, so tears were likely had at checkout! I still want to read this series because I think the books kind of connect with one another. Though, sadly, I think it's a series that will forever remain incomplete as I think I had preordered the "final" book with Borders at one point and I want to say it was canceled before the store closings...but I might have canceled it myself when the stores were closing...so it's tough to say!

 

 

 

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!