Nov 11, 2022

Book Blogger Hop

 

 
This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
 
This week's question is: Which do you prefer to be known as: a voracious reader or a book nerd? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer



MY ANSWER: I never really thought about it. Part of me wants to just say book nerd. I'm a book geek. Similar name. Though I guess, it also for some reason, depends on how "other" people are defining their "book" part of it all. Or even "reader." I mean so many people expect readers to be readers of only literary classics or books that open your mind to blah, blah, blah...

I don't know. I stopped paying attention once teachers and professors want to call enjoyable things "crap" but "good crap." Or something like that. I had a hate/love relationship with English literature myself. I love reading...but if I can't understand clearly what needs to be said or if I misinterpret things that result in a lower grade...yeah. I guess I missed the part when and where you are allowed to interpret something to your own understanding and when you are supposed to see exactly one thing and one thing only.

Okay, so wow. I got off topic there! While I like the sound of voracious reader, it does come off as sophisticated to me. And I am soooooo not sophisticated, so I'll take book nerd for the win!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!