Mar 19, 2023

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Another week, another dollar. This was yet another uneventful week for the most part. A bit of mailroom drama as a book I was waiting for review was sent to the wrong address...again. For whatever reason the publisher keeps sending things to my old address even though I have updated them with my current address. Luckily, my old address is now my sister's place so the book is in safe hands...sickly hands as of yesterday. So naturally, I decided not to pick the book up. Whether it's the contagious sort or food poisoning I don't want to bother her for my mail. The only downside is now I have no picture to showcase on my tour stop tomorrow, so I'll have to use a stock image of the book from the tour people. Sigh... Otherwise the week was just mundane.

 

Here's what I got:

Cursed by Marissa Meyer--Fairy Loot edition SIGNED! 


For review from the publisher:

Capture the Sun by Jessie Mihalik (ARC)


THANK YOU Harper Voyager!



Then I was able to track down a set of the Fairy Loot tarot cards of Evangeline and Jacks for a decent price! The one time I give up my full box and I regret it...something you will possibly hear me say again next week too!



Then my A Touch of Magic Designs February order came! I was super excited for the library pin in this one! The cupcake pin...eh, not my fandom but I committed to collecting them all again and already know that this month's isn't my fandom again either. Hopefully one of my fandoms pops up again, or another classic fairy tale would be nice like the first one was!

Then it seemed I received two bonus prints as I thought I asked to exchange for one because the bonus print was not my fandom that time around. But I think they gave it to me anyway. Maybe I need to add things in the notes about which fandoms aren't mine as I feel bad for having this TOG one when I could not get into the series whatsoever.

Okay, so you're looking at the same order twice...first I snapped a pic with the plastic sleeves on and I didn't like it so I took another without looking at how I did things, but this worked out better because my one with "Death" from Belladonna is double-sided and now you can see both! It corresponds to the Signa print I bought last month so I had to have it!

I bought the Hercules/Meg print that is Cassian/Nesta dressed in Halloween costumes! I'm a Disney nerd and ACOTAR is one of SJM's series I do enjoy, so I had to have this one! Then there's Death from Belladonna and I also got Jude from The Queen of Nothing with Cardan as a snake! THEN I also bought the cupcake pin which is Twilight AND the library pin which is The Archer and the Fox aka Once Upon a Broken Heart!


a close up of the pins!


Then not bookish, but still nerdy and my fandom I preordered one of Disney 100's Funko Pops that was one of my favorite "magical" moments in Disney as a kid:

When Flora and Merryweather fought over what color Aurora's dress should be was one of my favorite parts of Sleeping Beauty! I loved that the movie ended with the fight continuing! This moment captures the moment when her dress was mid-color change! 

It took a helluva time getting to me for a preorder. That's what I get for ordering with you-know-who! It took twice as long as "promised!" The upside is that apparently this is the only one on the website that is being overcharged now, so that I got it at its actual price was a win!



And that was it for me this week! Hopefully next week I will have picked up my other book from my sister! What did you all get?






 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!