Mar 7, 2023

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker



Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.

 

"I know every line of her figure and the tilt of her chin, even behind the mask and helmet she wears. The evening light outlines the profile of a young woman whose face I've taken care to memorize.

It's her." p 42


 

 

 

 

 

 

TITLE: Steelstriker
AUTHOR: Marie Lu
PUBLISHER: Roaring Brook Press
GENRE: YA Dystopian
RELEASE DATE: September 28, 2021






Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and The Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

 

This week's topic is: Top Ten [Bookish People] Authors I'd Like to Meet

 

*in no particular order

 

10. AMANDA BOUCHET--love her books and would love to meet her!
9. LAURIE FARIA STOLARZ--one of my early authors I discovered back in the day!
8. SERENA VALENTINO--I came soooo close in 2019 when she was going to go to YALLFest but then had to cancel prior to. :(



7. LIZ BRASWELL--I've loved her books for years! I read one of her earlier books under another name that pretty much got me hooked on fairy tale retellings!
6. AIMEE CARTER--I was sooo close to going to NTTBF last weekend, but then when I crunched numbers for what it would cost me I had to back out. Hopefully I'll get close to seeing her again!
5. MAUREEN JOHNSON--I almost met her at RT in...2012 I believe, but she had to cancel super last minute due to illness. Then I missed meeting her when I canceled my attempt at NTTBF as well. Hopefully third time's the charm!




4. KADY CROSS/KATE KESSLER/KATE MCLAUGHLIN/KATE LOCKE--the author I've read with the most pennames! I almost got to meet her at RT 2012 as well, but, you guessed it, she had to cancel due to illness as well.
3. KIERSTEN WHITE--soo close once more! Well, kinda. I wanted to go to YALLFest last year, but just didn't have the funds...and naturally, Kiersten attended that year.
2. KALAYNA PRICE--another early favorite! I would love to meet Kalayna and possibly beg her to finish this series! I loved her Grave Witch one which was finished two-three years ago or so, so I had hoped she'd maybe return to this one too!




1. MARIANNE CURLEY--would looooooved to meet her as well! But I don't think she leaves Australia much for signings and whatnot! But I'd be in seventh heaven if I ever had the opportunity to meet her!

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!