Aug 8, 2011

ARC Review--Bargains and Betrayals by Shannon Delany

Locked away at Pecan Place, Jessie finds her situation to be even more dangerous than she feared. While she struggles to maintain her sanity and discover answers about the group that seems less and less like any legitimate government agency, Pietr fights to keep their relationship alive. But very aware that his mother’s time is running out, Pietr makes a deal he doesn’t dare tell Jessie about. Because the deal Pietr’s made could mean the death of far more than his tenuous relationship with the girl he loves.

I received this ARC from a trade with Cindy@PrincessBookie.com

Everyone knows my obsession with Shannon Delany's 13 to Life! Loved it from cover to finish and I have become fast addicted to the series, so when Cindy at PrincessBookie.com was offering this in an ARC trade I jumped like a madwoman. Or a crazed book reader!

Anyway, Bargains and Betrayals was just amazing! One thing I liked was that instead of just Jessie narrating, Alexi is too! They go back and forth so we get to see what's happening with Jessie at Pecan Place and what's going on in the outside world with Pietr and everyone else! Which once again, a helluva lot happens!!

No loose-end was left unturned from Secrets and Shadows. The problems that were around were pretty much answered. But of course new problems always arise! Pietr is determined to do whatever it takes to get Jessie out of Pecan Place and to save his mother. There are so many problems to handle and so many more pop up as Pietr will do anything to be able to save the girl he loves along with his mother. Anything.

Once again, I can't go into too many details because the more I talk, the more I'll reveal that I shouldn't. The book brings in old enemies as well, so remember who we've met in the past two books as they just might make a return appearance.

Jessie and Pietr's relationship has to be my fave YA one ever! Sure I like a lot of other ones, but their relationship is just my fave. It's so intense that sometimes I'm forgetting that they're both 17! They have a lot of issues that always come between them and they work through them together. And I love that! I can be a sucker for these kinds of romances! Man, why couldn't Pietr have been at my high school!

In my opinion the book was very well paced. There's so much danger and suspense going on throughout that I almost finished this yesterday when I started it, but had to run an errand. The ending was fantastic! OMG were there some surprises! Now I'm in agony wanting to read the next book in the series! It wasn't too excruciating of a cliffhanger, but still it's a cliffhanger and as we all know, cliffhangers are just pure evil!

Overall rating 5/5 stars! Cannot wait til the next one! Want it now! :)

Bargains and Betrayals releases August 16, 2011

Once again I must give a big shout out and thanks to Cindy! THANKS AGAIN, CINDY!! You do not know how happy you truly made me!!

1 comment:

  1. I've only heard good things about this. I need to get my hands on it! Great review :D

    Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!