Aug 12, 2011

Friday Hops

This blogger hop was created by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.

Here are the rules:
1. Enter your book blog link in the Linky List below (be sure to include how long you've been blogging and what genres you review!). If you post about the Hop on your blog, please link directly to your Hop post (don't forget to answer this week's question - see below!).
2. Visit other blogs in the Linky List! Make new friends! Follow new book bloggers! Talk about books! Rave about authors! (Please do not leave your link and not visit other blogs - it's just not cool and not in the spirit of the Hop!)
3. Post about the Hop on your blog! Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!
4. In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!):

Let’s talk crazy book titles! Highlight one or two (or as many as you like!) titles in your personal collection that have the most interesting titles! If you can’t find any, feel free to find one on the internet!

MY ANSWER: There's this one book that I've been seeing lately. The title is quite the mouthful:
Another one that's not super crazy, but always gets me going on the poem is Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' debut In the Forests of the Night. Every time I read the title it comes out in a rhythm in my head like for poetry when you try to notice the beats.



This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


This week's question is: How has your reading habits changed since you were a teen? or If you are still a teen what new genres are you in love with currently?

MY ANSWER: It hasn't! When I was a teen I would sit at Borders for hours scouring the YA shelves looking for a good paranormal read! After I read Amelia's Demon in my View, I was hooked. Of course back then I did read a few YA contemporaries, that part of me has changed. I hardly ever read any contemporaries anymore. A few mysteries or fantasy novels that don't have a lot of paranormal elements, but I have always been and will always be a paranormal girl!

21 comments:

  1. I LOVE PNR, but enjoy YA contemporary also. In fact, I was on a bit of a YA bender recently :-) Now it's back to PNR and thriller. Happy Friday! Old follower, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see our reading Eye of the Tempest I'm waiting on my copy to come in the mail. Love that series! Happy hopping and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... I agree! That's quite a mouthful for a title ;)

    Thanks for visiting my blog Jessica :)

    Happy a great Friday!

    xoxo, april

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower!
    I agree, contemporary isn't as much fun as the paranormal.
    Cana
    http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Statistical Probability.. would draw me to the book. It sounds really corky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Tyger, tyger, burning bright,
    In the forests of the night,
    What immortal hand or eye
    dare frame thy fearful symmetry?"

    The title's from William Blake's poem, Tyger, Tyger. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your crazy title picks. The Statistical who-za what-zit sounds like a really fun book just by the name! lol

    Here's my friday memes for this week.

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like I say, I was a teen so long ago I can't recall how my habits were different. Maybe I have always liked spicy stuff. My parents kept a lid on what I read, usually right when I was getting to a good part one of them would have a bad day and take my book away.

    OldFoll

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jessica! Happy Friday!! I am pretty much the same too. You know me - my genres are all over the place. LOL I love the titles you chose for crazy title. A few more words and the first one would not have needed a picture haha. Hope you have an awesome weekend!
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    Hopping by for the hopping friday madness.
    Have a wonderfull weekend!

    <a href="http://lacedlittlemuffin.blogspot.com/>Kyanara</a>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the titles you picked! I always love when book titles are from songs or poems - it adds something to the overall effect and usually makes me want to read the book more!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing everyone's crazy titles! The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is a mouthful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Returning the blog visit - great titles, I need to check out that first book now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow those are some crazy book names! Thanks for stopping by my blog. http://deadtreesandsilverscreens.blogspot.com/2011/08/fun-friday-memes-august-12th-edition.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  15. Statistical Probability? I'd say pretty low. Zero, really.

    But a very clever title.

    I'd love to have you stop by my blog and take a look at my post, The Hop: Reading a Jigsaw Puzzle. And don't forget to sign up for the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopping through. So cool that you've always been into paranormal. I didn't get into it until after Twilight.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great answer! I think The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is a crazy title too! It's also very cool that you read like this is as a teen too!

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there,
    Stopping by via Parajunkee's Follow Friday. I'm following you.

    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great titles! You're right about the first one being a mouthful. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm an old follower. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those really are some crazy titles! And both are books I really want to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Statistical Probability...I have that on my TBR list. It was recently reviewed as one of those 24 hour romance books. Yay!

    Stopping by to follow you!
    Here's my blog:
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com
    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!