Aug 3, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

                     I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

Oh man! The list of books I am dying and desperate to read grow right alongside my TBR pile!! It's insane!!!

Love can never die.

Love conquers all, so they say. But can Cupid’s arrow pierce the hearts of the living and the dead—or rather, the undead? Can a proper young Victorian lady find true love in the arms of a dashing zombie?

The year is 2195. The place is New Victoria—a high-tech nation modeled on the manners, mores, and fashions of an antique era. A teenager in high society, Nora Dearly is far more interested in military history and her country’s political unrest than in tea parties and debutante balls. But after her beloved parents die, Nora is left at the mercy of her domineering aunt, a social-climbing spendthrift who has squandered the family fortune, and now plans to marry her niece off for money. For Nora, no fate could be more horrible—until she’s nearly kidnapped by an army of walking corpses.

But fate is just getting started with Nora. Catapulted from her world of drawing-room civility, she’s suddenly gunning down ravenous zombies alongside mysterious black-clad commandos and confronting “The Laz,” a fatal virus that raises the dead—and hell along with them. Hardly ideal circumstances. Then Nora meets Bram Griswold, a young soldier who is brave, handsome, noble . . . and dead. But as is the case with the rest of his special undead unit, luck and modern science have enabled Bram to hold on to his mind, his manners, and his body parts. And when his bond of trust with Nora turns to tenderness, there’s no turning back. Eventually, they know, the disease will win, separating the star-crossed lovers forever. But until then, beating or not, their hearts will have what they desire.

In Dearly, Departed, steampunk meets romance meets walking-dead thriller, spawning a madly imaginative novel of rip-roaring adventure, spine-tingling suspense, and macabre comedy that forever redefines the concept of undying love.

I saw this one awhile back and immediately became entranced! I sooo can't wait to read it! I mean what more could a paranormal girl ask for?!

TITLE: Dearly, Departed
AUTHOR: Lia Habel
GENRE:
YA Paranormal
RELEASE DATE:
October 18, 2011

24 comments:

  1. Ooo haven't heard of this one! Sounds like an awesome mixture of sci-fi, futuristic, zombies, and everything in between! Fun!

    Here's my WoW for this week.

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds different but very interesting :)I´ve never read about zombies berfore
    http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. great wow chick, thanks for sharing.

    heres mine.

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick, this one is on my wishlist! I love the cover and the summary sounds really good. I can't wait until it's out!!

    http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely cover, and what a deliciously unusual love story to find inside. I'm definitely checking this one out.

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I am really looking forward to reading this as well! I love the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have entered to win this one but I can't remember were. I so want it! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember seeing this one a while back. I adore that cover. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard about this book last week and I think it sounds really good! Great pick!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-glow.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one does look pretty awesome! I can't wait for it either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm super psyched about this one, it sounds awesome! Great post. Please check out my W.o.W.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one has been sitting on my bookshelf for awhile now - hoping to get to it soon - it looks soooo good!!!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't think I've heard of one where the girl falls for the zombie, great pick!!

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds awesome! I like the blend of genres. Great choice!

    Mine: http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one looks interesting but I'm not sure if I'll get around to reading it... Thanks for stopping by and letting me know about my post title oops.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooooh I've really got to pre-order this one.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. This one does sound fantastic. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Pick! I can't wait to read this one too! I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds very interesting, and I love the cover! I'll be adding this to my to-read list.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG, yes! I am dying for this one to come out. Awesome pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Intriguing. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE THIS WOW! (And I love your blog, too! <3.)

    I actually just got an ARC of this in the mail a couple of days ago and started reading it last night, am about like 50 or so pages into it and I really really really LOVE it like a lot already! But, then again I knew that I would, and the writing is really good too. :)

    Happy Reading! :)
    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    My Third Sentence Thursday!
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just read a book that had the same title. Totally different book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!