Jun 15, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!


Remember how I said I thought June would be a nice slow month and I could get caught up with Mt. TBR? Ha! Yeah, that's sooo not happening like I thought it would!!

Here's what I bought:


Wings by Elizabeth Richards--what should've been the only book I "bought"
Ghost Seer by Robin D. Owens--one I had wanted to read and it was on sale and I had a coupon and GC!
Unremembered by Jessica Brody--another impulse buy since I heard lots of good things, plus another coupon and that GC!
Sleep of Death by Aprilynne Pike--I have yet to read the first one (that I bought twice due to temporarily losing my mind!) but was already excited to see a sequel! So I had to buy it $2.99 for kindle!
Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen--I totally forgot I ordered this one! Another one I ordered last week during a sale and coupon!! Possibly GC too, but I can't remember!


Then luckily, not a book but still gorgeous, I bought this journal from Target! I have many blank journals and I need to find the time to write all my novel notes in them for my own writing. I have many notes fluttering around for characters, names and things like that, that I'd like organized in these blank journals.

Isn't it gorgeous?! It's a fancy-schmancy Little Mermaid! I fell in love with it and couldn't help but buy it! There was also a Cinderella and Snow White one, but Ariel is in my top 5 fave princesses, so it was an easy choice!


Then last month I bid on Jenna Black's prize in the Brenda Novak Auction thingy and WON! So here was my prize that I bid on where the money went to a foundation of Jenna's choosing. So it went to a good cause and SIGNED BOOKS!!

SIGNED copies of Replica, Resistance and an ARC of Revolution!
Plus a shawl hand knitted by Jenna herself!

I already had an ARC of Replica and Resistance signed, so eventually I will be giving away that signed Replica ARC version and the extra Resistance, but it might be awhile until I get to that giveaway, so keep an eye out on the blog!


Then for review from the publishers I received these:

Stone Embrace by Danielle Monsch (ARC)
The Spirtglass Charade by Colleen Gleason (ARC)
Darksider by Erin Kellison
Broken Souls by Stephen Blackmoore (ARC)


Thanks Romantic Geek Publishing, Chronicle Books, Fire Flower Publishing, DAW, Netgalley, & Edelweiss!!



And then not totally book related, I bought yet again more jewelry from Etsy! I couldn't help it, but I did get them on sale at one of my fave shops, Space Pearls. She's actually having another one right now when I checked!

Yes, I have an addiction to jewelry from these shops! It's truly that and books, I swear! Well, bookmarks too, but that's book related! Anything book related gets lumped into the book category! ;)


And then...I swear this is the last leg of it all...I was able to buy 2 of Julie Kagawa's dragons from her Etsy shop, KagawaCrafts! So it's kind of book related since an author makes these!
And as you may or may not know, her stuff goes fast! I'm talking minutes!! And she had stuff two days last weekend and I finally decided to buy a dragon...and then another one, but this second guy was more like a gargoyle/dragon, so it made a difference! ;)

The sparkly blue guy is, naturally, the dragon and the next guy is the gargoyle/dragon guy! The pic hadn't even fully loaded, but as soon as I saw "gargoyle" I knew I had to have it and I was lucky enough to get him!


And that, my friends, is, finally, what I got this week! Sooooo.....what did you all get? ;)




27 comments:

  1. Omg woman! When you go shopping, you really do it big :D! So many great books, and the necklaces are so pretty, love the silver one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unremembered sounds great and I love the cover. Enjoy all of your wonderful goodies from this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the dragons. Julie Kagawa is so talented. You really do know how to use that GC and those coupons. I'm trying to be good.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing assortment of books and stuff. It is great to have coupons and gift cards too. I love those dragons and have been so tempted to try to get one for myself. But they go so fast! Enjoy your haul and thanks for visiting my blogs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, nice haul! I really liked Unremembered and Stolen Songbird :) And the jewellery is super pretty too. Happy reading!

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice haul. I still need to read Unremembered. Oh, didn't they just release Sleep No More? Wow the sequel's already coming out.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dragons look so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dragons are absolutely adorable!! You're so lucky you got them, the last time I tried to buy something from her shop I was too late and everything was gone :/
    Great haul, I hope you have a great week.
    Aneta @ Angelic Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! You had quite the week for goodies - I love the necklaces (forcing myself not to click and buy some...) and the dragons are adorable! Enjoy your reads, I'm going to be grabbing Ghost Seer soon myself for book club :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the jewelries! I hope you'll enjoy your new books, I was a little mixed with the Owen book but it's nice. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am excited for Wings, hope you love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover for Wings so pretty! Hope you enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY Wings! I loved that one, hope you do too! Love the jewelry and dragon and gargoyle :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, great haul! I also bought WINGS this week, though I still have to read PHOENIX. And STOLEN SONGBIRD was amazing!! I LOVED it!

    I love the whole REPLICA series you got and the awesome shawl hand knitted by Jenna! I still have to read REPLICA!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Etsy goodies and the journal are absolutely gorgeous! Love your haul as well, Stolen Songbird was fab! Enjoy all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh, I'm addicted to Notebooks and journals and I need that notebook! Your Target has way better stuff than my Target :(
    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those figurines are adorable! And great haul too, I hope you'll enjoy Stolen Songbird, it's the only book out of all the ones above I've actually read!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stolen song bird really caught me eye. You have some great titles there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the little dragons!! Kagawa had a competition at BEA where you could find her little dragons and win one, but I never saw one. I didn't realize just how cute they were! Oh, and I love the Ariel journal too!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Jessica! Love all your little things that you picked up! Enjoy your new reads, once you are finished playing with your new things!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy cow! Those necklaces are awesome! I wish I could wear more jewelry, I just buy it and never wear it, except for the occasional ring or two. The figurines are too cool!

    Unremembered is also on my wish list, I hope you like all your goodies this week!

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed Ghost Seer and hope you do too Jessica! Have an awesome week :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those little dragons are so cute. I hope you enjoy Ghost Seer as much as I did - I thought it was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was envious of the books, Jessica (particularly Stolen Songbird) and then I saw the journal...and then I saw the jewelry...and then I saw the little figurines. You did have an awesome week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE you mermaid journal. I am actually going hunting for a new journal this weekend!!!

    Also, Jenna Black's signed book set looks so awesome! Stolen Songbird is really good. Enjoy!!! Can't wait to hear your thought! What an amazing week you had :D

    Emily @ Reader Rising

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love JKagawa's art! Her dragons are made of cute, and unfortunately, I've never been able to get one :( It's true that they disappear very quickly. And hey, since her next book - Talon - is about a dragon, there's another way those are bookrelated ;)
    I hope you'll enjoy all your new books, Jessica! Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!