Jun 17, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"She was still in a Salem. The shape of the shoreline, as familiar to her as the whirls of her own thumbprint, told her that.

She just wasn't in her Salem anymore." Kindle 10%*


*Quote comes from my eARC, therefore it and its location are NOT final










TITLE: Trial by Fire
AUTHOR: Josephine Angelini

PUBLISHER: Feiwel & Friends
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: September 2, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR list


*in no particular order

Going to "ignore" the ones that are my review copies that I need to get done in the coming summer months! Will try to stick to the new releases that come out this summer!


1. Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout--#1 baby! Yeah this one just might be the #1 pick of the summer! And I have to wait until August! :(
2. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead--still need to read this one before the next one!
3. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead--I'll probably regret reading this one come the beginning of August or end of July...something tells me it will be the cliffhanger that kills. But I can't not read it after waiting this long to read The Fiery Heart!


4. Blood Games by Chloe Neill--the wait won't be as long since I won an ARC! But it still hasn't arrived yet. 
5. Visions by Kelley Armstrong--I really enjoyed her new series! It's different but I still like it and can't wait to see where it goes! Entered a few contests to win an ARC, so my fingers are crossed that I won't have to wait until mid-August for this one!
6. The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost--I sooo can't wait to read this one! I had a way too early ARC of this but I should be getting the correct one soon, as Jeaniene said she had gotten the correct ARCs from the pubs last week!


7. Evernight by Kristen Callihan--really fell in love with this series once I gave it a second go around!
8. Fatal Fortune by Victoria Laurie--without a doubt one of my most favorite mystery authors! She's who introduced me to so many others like Juliet Blackwell! Darynda Jones came from all the blogger rec's just as the 3rd book came out!
9. Greta and the Glass Kingdom by Chloe Jacobs--one series that I just fell in love with with the first book! Didn't really realize it was a Hansel and Gretel retelling! I kind of related it more to the Labyrinth! And Isaac is young, sexy teenage David Bowie! ;)


10. A Vision in Velvet by Juliet Blackwell--as I mentioned, Juliet is another of my fave mystery authors! Her series here is just so awesome! I am positively scared though since Oscar has gone missing! So I need to read this one asap to soothe my poor mind! ;)








27 comments:

  1. Oscar would have to be one of my fave side-kicks. For a character that is fairly little, he packs a punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Salems. That's an interesting tease.
    Nice list of Summer reads too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have yet to read The Fiery Heart, and I’m really excited about it! Nonetheless, I think I might wait until the final book comes out, and then read them all back-to-back. That’s what I did with the first three in the series, too.
    Trial by Fire sounds really interesting! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your teaser and your summer TBR looks like fun.
    Here's my teaser http://www.lovebitessilkties.co.uk/2014/06/teasertuesday-opening-paragraph-harlot.html
    Happy Tuesday!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely choices, I have the first two books in the Darkest London series but have been a bit hesitant about reading them as I've never heard of anyone reading them and talking about them before now, are they really any good? Should I make a point of digging them out and give them a go?

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to own so many of these. Evernight, Fatal Fortunes, and A Vision in Velvet would top my list. Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yup I need to read the second Greta book. Loved the firset one. I just started the Lux series. The second one is on my summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, I have Greta and the Goblin King, and I've been dying to read it. So glad to hear you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't of any of these books yet, but I'll have to check them up if you're so excited about them!

    Andrea @ Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I hope you'll enjoy them all :) The Beautiful Ashes is on my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome list! I have got to finish reading the Richelle Mead books. I loved Bloodlines, I don't know why I haven't read the rest of the series. haha! Enjoy your summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I considered putting Silver Shadows on my list too. I can't believe the series is almost over! But I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salem? So it's a witch book. Yay! Love those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have very different Summer TBRs, but I'm hoping to read Trial By Fire Soon. I like the quote and my friend finished it at BEA this summer and really liked it.
    My Top Ten Spring TBR

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice teaser. I'm waiting for a couple on your list too. Thanks for visiting my teasers. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a great tease, Jessica. And I'm jealous you're reading it. ;) I also like your summer reading list - especially Silver Shadows and The Beautiful Ashes! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super excited for Beautiful Ashes and Opposition! And I need to catch up with Adrian and Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never read anything by Kelley Armstrong, but I've heard her books are great. I really need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mead does often ends in cliffhangers :/ Still worth the read, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read Visions! I absolutely loved Omens when I read it last year. Great teaser and great summer TBR list.
    Here's my TTT post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  21. Re the teaser: That would certainly be unsettling.

    Re the top ten list: A friend and I were just talking about Beautiful Ashes. I am currently over Victoria Laurie's series, but will have to add A Vision of Velvet to my TBB list.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh, love the teaser!! I've been wanting to read TRIAL BY FIRE for a while!! Maybe I'll finally read it soon!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the tease, but that top 10 awesome!! Opposition, Silver Shadows, Blood Games... I want too! I loved the Fiery Heart and am happy to see you are waiting to read them closer together! I love the new Jeaniene Frost book... keen for that too!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  24. That teaser is excellent, Jessica, I think I'd enjoy Trial by Fire. And your summer TBR is awesome! I want to read several of the same books as you do.
    Happy reading, Jessica :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice teaser- your first top three choices for a summer read are awesome- the first and third one are my top reads as well.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG I forgot Opposition... how could I forget Opposition! I am a terrible person... love your list though!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great picks! A lot of these are new to me. I hope you find the time to get to them all! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!