Jun 14, 2014

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa and Friends' Bookish Life

 Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it. 

Rules: 
1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week. 
2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it. 
3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow) 
4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post. 
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)



This week's topic is: Bookish Confessions!


*in no particular order


Not sure what to consider a "confession" really. So this might be tricky for me!


BENT BOOK SPINES

I'll admit seeing these makes me cringe. Visibly. I don't like it honestly! I know some people do, because it shows a well loved book and all, and while that maybe true, I can't stand seeing it happen! The few times I've packed books for trips and the covers got bent in transit...there were tears people!


CONTEMPORARYS

You pretty much all know me as someone who reads paranormal books. Well, there was a time I read a few YA contemps! Yup, I confess. It was a dark time, there was hardly any Paranormal YA, I call them the dark days. But I would read whatever contemp YA struck my fancy. Sarah Dessen was a fave. This was actually the copy I had of Someone Like You, but I long since donated all my contemp books since I knew they would not get re-read ever.


BOOK JUNKIE

My name is Jessica and I confess, I am a book junkie. Another obvious trait I suspect! I actually have this sign in my room in green. It's a plaque on top of one of my shelves. But seriously, I am a book junkie (as we all are, I suspect!) I keep buying more books than I can read! Nearly all the money I earn goes towards books! Definitely more than half, I'd say! But since this is like my only bad vice (as I am really trying to work on my Etsy jewelry one!) I would say I'm doing pretty good with life!


COORDINATING BOOK & BOOKMARK

This is sort of a weird confession, but when I'm reading my book--and I always use a real bookmark--I try to coordinate my book and bookmark so that they match in a way! Like a red bookmark for a book with red in its cover! Or for this one I would've also considered using a Belle bookmark since it is a Beauty and the Beast retelling! That's an odd sort of quirk of mine!


ALPHABETICAL ORDER

That is the ONLY way I can organize my books! I've seen other people organize them by colors or genres or YA vs Adult...and while that's all nice and the colored one always looks pretty...it's just another thing that makes me cringe! When I go to my bookshelves I like to know where all my author's books are. Of course since I've run out of room and have multiple shelves all over the house and some backstocked in my closet, that can get pretty hard! But I at least have an idea of what's in my closet mess of a shelf! And I know where particular series are that are in other rooms of the house! But yet, all those shelves...except for the closet mess...are all in alphabetical order because that's just how I roll! :)







3 comments:

  1. Oh God, the bent spine. I can't look at that!!! Makes me cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool confessions... I actually am a spine bender LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you about bending the spines. I also can't stand when pages get dog-eared. I will use almost anything for a bookmark so I won't have to dog-ear a page.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!