Jun 10, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


Reading Sinner and LOVING it so far! (Trying to knock out a few review books, so reviews might not be happening this week...will have to wait and see I suppose!)


"I leaned forward to take a bite. Juice welled on my lips, and before I could wipe it away, Cole pressed his thumb to my mouth. He swiped the juice away with his finger and put it in his own mouth. Lingeringly, like he could taste my lips on his. I couldn't stop looking at his mouth." Kindle location 793/3292*

*Quote comes from my eARC copy, therefore it and its location are not final

 






TITLE: Sinner
AUTHOR: Maggie Stiefvater

PUBLISHER: Scholastic Press
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: July 1, 2014





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year!


*in no particular order


1. Up from the Grave by Jeaniene Frost--totally worth the wait! Now, let's have Ian's book! ;)
2. Cursed by Destiny by Cecy Robson--the ending that killed with the last 6 words.
3. Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes--omg, I love this series!


4. Shadowdance by Kristen Callihan--perhaps my fave from the series so far! Rivals with Moonglow!
5. White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout--do I need to explain this one?! Jennifer is just one freaking talented lady!
6. Sixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda Jones--like that I put it at 6, huh? Another book where there just are no words to explain the incredible awesomeness that is Charley Davidson...and Reyes!


7. Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott--just an incredibly, amazing read! 
8. Endless Knight by Kresley Cole--this one totally captivated me with the remarkable character development! Can't wait for the finale!
9. Bad Blood by Lucienne Diver--an incredible blend of paranormal and Greek mythology! Looove this series!



10. Ten by Gretchen McNeil--yup, couldn't resist putting this one here either! This was just an awesome mystery! I was totally blown away with it! Love Gretchen McNeil!


And to be oh so bad...here's a bonus pick:

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige--an amazing debut to totally change the world of Oz once again! It was epic!





33 comments:

  1. I loved White Hot Kiss and Fire & Flood too!! Great picks! I'm listening to the audio of Dorothy Must Die right now... oh man, it's sooooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kresley Cole, her work is great. You have given me quite a few new things to pick up :)
    http://wp.me/p3ftwe-sU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tease. I havent read any books by this author yet but several are on my TBR list.

    As always , thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as my library gets it in, I shall read Sixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda Jones since I love that series! Sorry sort I am, I've already read 1/2 your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read Sinner, too, Jessica, and that teaser is awesome :)

    I think your top ten for this week is great, too. Thanks for stopping by earlier! Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cursed by Destiny, Ten, and Dorothy Must Die are all books I've been looking at. Ever time I see Dorothy Must Die in the store I want to pick it up, but just can't justify it when I already have so many books here.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such great picks! I have Dorothy Must Die, Fire & Flood, and White Hot Kiss waiting for me to read any day now. I'll definitely have to read them asap now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list, Jessica! I've read only one of these so far: Shadowdance, and it was so good. Hopefully, I'll get to the rest this year, too, starting with Up From the Grave, I should stop with the postponing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your teaser, and I'm very curious about Dorothy Must Die!

    Thanks for stopping by, Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really need to read some more Jennifer L Armentrout! Must try to get on that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! I want to read that! ~Jax
    Here's ours:
    http://covergirlsdj.blogspot.com/2014/06/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading Dorothy Must Die right now and loving it! I'm planning to read White Hot Kiss later in the year. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice one :)
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/06/teaser-tuesdays_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhhhh!!! I want to read Dorothy Must Die so bad!! I'm glad it's on your list :)
    Great list! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another person who has Dorothy Must Die on their list! :)

    I think I am gonna get it this summer to read!

    I have heard some amazing things about Fire and Flood. All the reviews have been very positive! :)

    Thanks for sharing & great TTT! :)

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really liked Fire & Flood. I thought it was pretty good too! It sucked me in and I loved the writing and the concept.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great teaser. I keep promising that I'll catch up on all the books by Stiefvater that are sitting on my TBR mountain soon -- but soon hasn't come yet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have lots of books on your top ten that I have not read, but sound really good! I actually own Fire & Flood, White Hot Kiss, and Dorothy Must Die. I really need to get to reading them now that I'm on summer break!

    Tiffany
    Beneath the Jacket Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice list! I love Kresley Cole, Jeaniene Frost, and Darynda Jones :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great teaser - have heard a lot about this author, but have yet to read something by her. Agree with you on the Jeaniene Frost book, but after recently reading the first Darynda Jones, I don't think I'll be picking up more of those. I didn't much like the main character and the "just thens" made it more dificult to get through the book. Mine: Rascal by Sterling North

    ReplyDelete
  21. AHHHH TEN!!! I got it from the library last summer, and then I never read it. I am still kicking myself for it. It just looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay for Fire and Flood! I added that last minute to my honorable mentions list. I still have to read the last Cat and Bones book and I can't wait to start the Falling Kingdoms series!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great list. I haven't read any of these but have quite a few of them on my current TBR list and am really excited to get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great teaser and list!. Ten has been on my TBR forever. I really need to get to it. Glad to see you liked it. :D Thanks for visiting both my blogs today. :D My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've always wanted to read Dorothy Must Die! I heard that it's really good, and a lot of bloggers are talking about it. Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so excited for Sinner too! Love Cole. And a big fat YES for White Hot Kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't read any of those books, but I'm glad they made it to your list, Jessica. Great list!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, hot teaser! Makes me want to read it just for that part right there! ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mmm... yummy tease! And there are so many books on your list I need to read!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  30. I need to read The falling kingdoms (that's the first book from Morgan Rhodes right?) I always love a good fantasy book :D Thanks for visiting my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, I'm so excited about Sinner! And I also loved Fire & Flood ( I haven't read the others on your list.) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooh, I'm so envious you're reading Sinner, Jessica! I cannot wait to read it!! And you've read some great books so far this year. Every single one of them is on my tbr. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Literally every book on your top 10 is on my TBR right now! Ugh! I need to get reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!