Jun 3, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


Okay, so I'm going to give you a tease from one of my reads yesterday. Yes, it's not my current read, but I hadn't started my current read at the time of this post and really wanted to share this teaser with you anyway! I loved it!

"Right there, Steve thought. She'd reached a limit, which meant she had them. It also meant she wouldn't try to kill him.

Probably." Kindle location 328/1774













TITLE: Lay Me Down
AUTHOR: Erin Kellison

PUBLISHER: Fire Flower Publishing, LLC
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
RELEASE DATE: May 10, 2014




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books That Will Be In My Beach Bag This Summer
We'll say this is a metaphorical beach bag since I don't have a beach to go to!


*in no particular order

Going to try to keep this list to books I have, since when I started it, I was picking new releases and that's a topic for a week to come! So had to amend it!

1. Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre--true, it's a review book, but one that had me curious
2. Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne--another review book, but again, more curiosity
3. Wings by Elizabeth Richards--dying to see how this trilogy ends!


4. Shattered by Kevin Hearne--an adult book, finally! ;)
5. Black Rook by Kelly Meade--curious about this new series of hers!
6. Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer--one I've had since its release and signing day!


7. Dead Girls are Easy by Terri Garey--might start getting a little overly optimistic by choosing TBR books from the bottom of the stacks
8. Night World: Volume 1 by L.J. Smith--from a Borders closing sale :'(
9. Taste if the Nightlife by Sarah Zettel--from my first RT in 2010!


10. Spells by Arpilynne Pike--another series I've had in my TBR pile for far too long!






37 comments:

  1. Lots of new to me picks - Although I also have Spells in my TBR pile and have for…well waaay too long. Happy reading!

    My Top Ten Summer Reads

    - Jenn @ Tale of Two Doxies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks. I really want to read Midnight Thief and Mortal Danger, they both look great. I love Jodi Picoult but admit to not liking Between the Lines very much at all. I hope you manage to get to them all, here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... that's an interesting tease. I like the cover of this book too.

    Thanks for stopping by my tease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on a search this week for some very relaxing reads. Thanks for your suggestions!

    Here's my Best Beach Bag Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teaser, glad she decided not to kill him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cover and the teaser was a good choice.

    CarolynBrown-Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your teaser, Jessica :) You definitely made me interested. And your top ten is great, too! I hope you have a big beach bag :)

    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Midnight Thief! I've heard such great things- I can't wait to start it! I'm also interested in Ann's newest! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mortal Danger and Wings are definitely on my summer reading list! Definitely some interesting choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to Mortal Danger, great picks, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed both Sarah Zettel's book and Terri Garey's for the humour more than anything else. I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not try to kill him? That doesn't seem like fun. I loved the Nigh World Series so much that I keep a copy of it in my classroom for my students to read. Hate that a book store was closing though.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your first 3 books for Top Ten Tuesday are really intriguing covers! I've seen Midnight Thief around at other blogs but I haven't seen Mortal Danger or Wings before. Definitely going to check them out.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT post!
    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm wondering what he means by "right there." And why would she try to kill him? Sounds like a good story.
    My Teaser is from SINFUL FOLK.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser and great list! I love the covers on a few of those. Happy Tuesday! :D My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting teaser :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/06/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list! I loved Night World!

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is one great teaser!

    Here is my teaser post from Extra Care by Alina Cosma .

    AND

    Here is my intro post from Song for Sophia by Moriah Densley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list! And I still need to read Spells, too! It's been too long...

    ReplyDelete
  20. All new to me except the Jodi Picoult one, which I need to read too! I don't have it yet, but I'm going to get it (hopefully)!

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort
    old follower

    ReplyDelete
  21. Intriguing teaser -- love the cover. Mine: East of Eden

    ReplyDelete
  22. I changed mine a little bit two because of the list in a few weeks. Great list! Many of them are new to me.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a neat list. Not my usual reads, but I found a few I would like to add to my wish list.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really want to get my hands on The Midnight Thief! It looks so good! Great list :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice list! I´m so behind with Kevin Hearne series, need to catch up.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  27. Seeing Shattered on your list reminds me I have a copy of Hounded floating around somewhere. I really need to start that series! Great list Jessica, and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm excited to read Mortal Days too. I hope it turns out to be as awesome as I'm hoping it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great teaser! This one is new to me.
    I'm super excited about Shattered. I already pre-ordered the audiobook. Hubs and I are going to see him at ComicCon. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hope you enjoy between the lines. What an ending!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I definitely need to look into Black Rook and Dead Girl Are Easy. They look really good and Dead Girls Are Easy looks like a funny one =D

    Becky @ Book Bite Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome teaser, Jessica! And I love the looks of your 'beach' reads! ;) Spells is great! (ha, one series I'm actually caught up on ;) And I think I'd like to have Hearne and Meade in MY beach bag. Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ooh, loving the teaser! Would love to know why she won't kill him anymore?! And awesome beach reads for this summer! I LOVE MIDNIGHT THIEF, and I'm sure you're going to love it too!

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers!

    ReplyDelete
  34. the cover on Mortal Danger totally has me intrigued... going to look it up!!

    Here's my TTT for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that you say that these books WILL be in your bag lol I don't even know what I'm going to read next week. Great post and thanks for stopping by earlier

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wings is so so good. You are going to love it!. Great list!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  37. Only if he is lucky! Great tease Jessica!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!