Jun 22, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!


So yeah, I added yet again more books to the TBR mountain this week! Why I thought I could get caught up somewhat in June I had no idea!! It's laughable now that I said that earlier this month!

Anyways, here's what I bought:


 Captured by S.J. Harper--already read and reviewed! One less to the TBR mountain!
Dead Girl Walking by Ruth Silver--a kindle sale for .99!
Shattered by Kevin Hearne--a SIGNED B&N Copy!
Blood Bath & Beyond by Michelle Rowen--because I apparently bought book 2 at RT!



Then I got some swag from Gretchen McNeil and Amanda Carlson:


There's postcards, bookmarks, a button & a bag, coaster, bookmark, stickers and signed post card!!


Thanks Gretchen & Amanda!!


Then awhile back I won Becky at Book Bite Reviews pre-BEA contest!! I chose a SIGNED copy of Talon!!

Talon by Julie Kagawa (ARC)


So it was mistakenly signed to Jennifer! Whoops! It's still a TALON ARC!!!

Thanks Becky!!



Then for review from the publisher and author I got:

Dark Metropolis by Jaclyn Dolamore (ARC)
Queen of Hearts by Kristen Painter (ARC)--already read and review to come next week!
The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost (ARC)--I actually got 2 of these, because while at RT, I picked 2 out of the Goodie Room, but they were such a rough draft that Jeaniene said to send them to her and she'd send the proper ARC out! And I got them this week! So look for a giveaway of the extra soon!

Thanks Disney-Hyperion, Netgalley, Kristen, & Jeaniene!

So that was my week, but at least I read 2 of the novellas that I got! And Dark Metropolis is my last Netgalley read (at the moment!) then I got that outlet cleared up, just 1 of Edelweiss to read and quite a few real ARCs/review books to read still and there's still some coming! What did you get?





31 comments:

  1. Wow, so many great books! Especially Talon sounds really good. Enjoy reading everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I would love to read Talon. I hope it shows up on NetGalley nearer to publication date. I don't have many NetGalley ARCs but I have quite a few from Edelweiss. They are September and October releases though. Enjoy all your new books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Talon is AMAZING so please let us know how it is!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Captured is very popular this week. Talon is going to be amazing. I hope you love everything you got.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul. Lots of awesome winnings. Kinda sucks that it's signed to the wrong name though. :( Can't wait to see your review on it though.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of Talon! It looks so cute :) And I love the new bind ups for the Lux series, I had no idea they were coming out with such a thing until I saw them at work on my birthday. I was like happy birthday to me! Haha thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all kinds of jealous that you have Talon! I want to read it so bad :) Great haul and thanks for stopping by My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! Totally jealous of your signed Talon. You lucky girl! :) Congrats on that amazing win! Most of the other books are new to me. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you got talon!! i really want to get my hands on that one. happy reading jessica :)

    thank you for stopping by our sts.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, very nice haul! Love the ARCs that you got and swag is always awesome :) Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm really interested in dark metropolis. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for The Beautiful Ashes I received this last week lets hope we all love it. Hope you enjoy all your new books and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dead Girl Walking sounds good, hope that you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooohhh Talon ARC! Yeah any name will do! Loved Bed Bath & Beyond and the sequel. Very fun mystery series I think you will like cause it reminds me of the Victoria Laurie series. Looking forward to The Beautiful Ashes as well. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Get a Even by Gretchen McNeil on my Kindle. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, those all look great. And you scored a signed copy of Talon. Wonderful!
    Happy Reading!

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! You are a lucky girl! Loads of awesome books! Jealous of Talon! I want it!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  18. I swear I commented but maybe I got distracted by goodreads as I went to add Talon on my wish list! I'm usually not into dragons but I've loved everything I've read of Kagawa's so i'm willing to give it a go! I love that cover too! And yaya for signed books!

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooo, a Talon ARC indeed! I hope you love it, and all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great haul! I hope you're enjoying the Iron Druid Chronicles series!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blood Bath & Beyond was really nice and I still need to read Cursed. I'm so jealous for Talon! I want it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the book swag, I want!! Also, lots of great books :) I'm excited for you and your shelves. Have a fabulous week! Jen @Ink on the Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, Jessica! You got Talon! Lucky you :) I can't wait to see what you think of it :) And The Beautiful Ashes *sighs*
    Thanks for stopping by earlier. I hope you had a great weekend!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  24. You picked up some great looking books, Jessica! And congrats on the swag and book wins! :) I'm jealous of The Beautiful Ashes. ;) Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. YAY, Shattered!!! I plead broke so I'm waitlisted for it at the library :) I'm all happy he's hard cover now but that just breaks the bank for me ;)

    Awesome win on Talon, too!! I can't wait to get my hands on that, too. It'll probably be a library read, too (the perks of working in said library and saying, "um, order this STAT!") :)

    Have a great week, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. :O:O Talon looks so good! I really like the look of a YA books with dragons. I will definitely be picking it up as soon as I can!

    I hope you enjoy all of your haul! I don't recognise the rest of them so I will have to look them up!

    Thanks for sharing & enjoy your books! :)

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're making headway!! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome signed Talon and Shattered! I can't wait to read both!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooh, I am so jealous of TALON!!! It looks so beautiful sitting there!! I can't wait to see your review!!! I'm sooo excited for The Beautiful Ashes too!! I love the cover for that also!! I read and LOVE DEAD GIRL WALKING by Ruth Silver!! It's an amazing book!!

    You got a pretty EPIC haul this week!! I hope you enjoy all your great goodies!!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you so much for buying Dead Girl Walking :D I hope you enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!