Jun 11, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




She never saw this coming…

Brynn Atwood is a low-level Magus whose unpredictable precognitive powers have made her an outcast among her people—and an embarrassment to her highly-regarded father. After a frightening vision in which her father is murdered by a loup garou man, Brynn decides to prove herself by finding the killer, and stopping them at any cost.

Her target is Rook McQueen, the son of a small-town loup garou Alpha. Despite being the youngest of three, Rook is first in line to inherit the role of Alpha, a duty he isn't sure he's capable of fulfilling. When Brynn finally meets Rook, she doesn't expect the attraction that draws her to him—and him to her.

No longer believing him a murderer, Brynn and Rook strike an alliance to find her father's real killer. But when his older brother is targeted by an unknown enemy, Rook will have to choose between his growing feelings for Brynn and his duty as the future Alpha of his community.

INCLUDES A PREVIEW OF THE NEXT TITLE IN THE CORNERSTONE TRILOGY, GRAY BISHOP



TITLE: Black Rook
AUTHOR: Kelly Meade

PUBLISHER: Intermix
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: July 15, 2014





Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists.

Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive.

For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him. . . .

Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.


EEP! Who isn't excited about this one?! (Okay I know not everyone loves/reads this series!) Sooo cannot wait! Yes, I still need to read The Fiery Heart but once this one reaches my hands I can read TFH!

TITLE: Silver Shadows
AUTHOR: Richelle Mead

PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: July 29, 2014

 


 

27 comments:

  1. i don't read a lot paranormals these days but i'm intrigued by black rook, especially because i prefer werewolf books (loup garou are a sort of werewolf, if i'm not mistaken?). happy reading :)

    also, thank you for stopping by our StS a few weeks back and commenting.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome picks. I need to read her books :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to read this one as well, hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, another Richelle Mead book! Nice. I'm seeing your first pick for the first time. It sounds interesting. I hope you love the books once you get to them. Nice picks!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really NEED to read Silver Shadows NOW I just can't wait for that one to be release July can't come soon enough! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving these covers! I hope you enjoy these :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't started this series yet, glad your loving it! I like the covers too =)

    My WoW
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting choices. The Kelly Mead book is new to me. Hadn't heard of it before.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not read anything by Richelle Mead (yet?)! I hope you enjoy these two books when you read them :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great WoW! I still have to read the first book in the Bloodlines Series. But I've read the VA Series and LOVED IT!! I love that series, it's one of my all time favorites! But I was a little reluctant to jump into this one because I wouldn't have Rose as the mail character! I'm a sucker when it come to our hardcore, baddass Rose! ;)

    Here's my WoW:

    http://addictreaders.blogspot.com/2014/06/waiting-on-wednesday-59-gates-of-thread.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I really need to catch up on the Bloodlines series! I am still on Indigo Spell!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks :) I'm looking forward to Black Rook.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate waiting too, lol. As mead is my favorite author, silver shadows can't come soon enough!! (Is it July yet?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both new to me bur i've heard great things about Richelle Mead. Hope you enjoy both :)

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both books sound amazing and I still need to read the fiery heart. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Silver Shadows!! I can't wait!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO EXCITED FOR SILVER SHADOWS!!! AHHH

    Thanks for stopping by Pivot Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice picks, I hope you'll enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks awesome! Richelle Mead sure is pumping out those books, isn't she? :)

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I finished the Vampire Academy series back in January and I really enjoyed it. I have heard the Bloodlines series is even better so I may have to check it out since there are quite a few books out in the series already!

    Thanks for sharing & I hope you get a hold of these as soon as you can! :)


    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  21. I started Fiery Heart and then set it aside because I didn't think my heart could take it if it ended in a cliffhanger. So I am very excited about Silver Shadows, too. Mostly because I want the rest of the series to come out so I can finish them all. I love Sydrian!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both sound really good :) Thanks for stopping by and sorry about the late response!

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  23. AHHH Silver Shadows! Still need to read The Fiery Heart... but I will soon! Great picks!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  24. DYING FOR SILVER SHADOWS!! NEED MORE ADRIAN!!! AHH!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!