Nov 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




Celia Graves was once an ordinary human, but those days are long gone. Now she strives to maintain her sanity and her soul while juggling both vampire abilities and the powers of a Siren. 

Not every bride needs a bridesmaid who can double as a bodyguard. But Celia's cousin Adriana is no ordinary bride: she's a Siren princess, and she's marrying the king of a small but politically important European country. She's getting death threats from fanatics who want to see the whole Siren race wiped out—including Celia herself, who is half Siren.

Luckily, Celia is on duty when a trip to a bridal salon is interrupted by an assassination attempt, so everyone survives. When Adriana returns to the Siren homeland to try to prevent a coup, Celia is free to hunt for the terrorists and the vile mage who is helping them (while keeping her eyes open for the perfect maid-of-honor dress).

Assuming the bride and groom both live to see their wedding day, this will be one royal wedding no one will ever forget.




Still sad about the change in covers with this series! I really liked the close up of Celia's face better, with the color tinting going on. It just looked way cool! These aren't bad, it just loses that mysterious effect the first ones had! Still need to read the last one too!




TITLE: The Eldritch Conspiracy
AUTHOR: Cat Adams

PUBLISHER: Tor Books
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 8, 2013














30 comments:

  1. havent heard of this as well but it sure sounds awesome! tehehe!

    Thanks for dropping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a bad-ass cover. I haven't read other books in this series so I should check them out first :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one series that I keep meaning to get around to, nice choice, thanks or stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is quite cool. I haven't heard of this one! I'll be checking the series out soon! :D

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my Waiting On Wednesday post earlier. :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love a good vampire story! Sounds interesting! Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW / 200 Followers Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. A siren + vampire? Never heard of that one before! Great pick. Thanks for stopping by my WoW, Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this series, might have to check them out. =)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG I haven't seen this cover before! But I like it! Yet another series I need to catch up with asap... *sigh*

    Great pick!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A vampire and a siren? Sounds like an interesting read . . .

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choice! I actually love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read this series yet. It sounds interesting.

    Stop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't heard of this one, but it sounds interesting.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder how you pronounce that title :))) Nice choice!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read any book from the series yet, but the covers are much prettier now!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always you find books that I wish I had found first and make them sound so intriguing. Great pick. I'm an old follower. Please stop by my WoW

    Thanks!

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure if thats something I would read but I like the cover!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cover, new series I just learned about. Great choice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never heard of these before, but I'm fascinated by the siren/vampire mix. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this series. I can't wait to read this one. I have it as a WoW coming up too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great choice this week!! Thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haven't heard of this series before! Hope you enjoy it.

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't heard of this series, but the whole part vampire part siren thing sounds really cool.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sojourner!
    old follower

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hm... I've been considering reading some more paranormals.... but have been hesitant. Maybe i should give one a try soon.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    -Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now this sounds cool..thanks for sharing a new one with me! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't heard of this before but it sounds really good!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't heard of this one before. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. hum sounds good.. interested in seeing what the old cover looked like. i think i would have liked a close up better too. ! thanks for stopping by my blog! - Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  28. Interesting pick. Power of a vampire and a siren. Thanks for sharing and visiting my Wow. =]

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, this sounds interesting! I'm not in a paranormal kick right now, but when I'm in one, I'll be stopping by here for one of your rec!
    Thanks so much for passing by my post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!