Jul 28, 2017

Mini Review--The Vampire's Valentine Surprise by Kristen Painter

When Delaney Ellingham enters the Nocturne Falls Valentine’s Day Bake-Off, she has no idea that an old rival will create such havoc. Her husband, Hugh, and her friends come to her aid, but even they can’t guess the surprise that lays in store…

Originally Published In Kiss and spell anthology.














The Vampire’s Valentine Surprise was yet another quick little read in the amazing world of Nocturne Falls written by Kristen Painter! As you may already know, I ADORE this series, despite being vastly behind!! LOL! Nocturne Falls is definitely up there in my top bookish worlds I’d want to live in, I’d say right up there after Hogwarts!

In this one we see Delaney preparing for the Nocturne Falls’ Valentine’s Day Bake-Off. She’s been driving her husband Hugh a wee bit crazy with all the sugar and taste testing, but once the big day finally arrives, trouble is soon to follow. Delaney takes ill with a few moments of baking. It’s looking very likely that someone may have poisoned her coffee drink or perhaps put in a nasty spell. And when Delaney previously sees her arch-nemesis and competitor leaving her tent, her suspicions are aroused.

She quickly puts Hugh on the case, as she’s kind of busy trying to win the bake-off in all three categories. I love Delaney’s determination to finish a bake-off when she very well might be poisoned. When we learn the truth behind the matter it’s nothing short of shocking!!

Reading this little story only reminded me once again why I adore this series so much! It’s just a fun little world filled with paranormal peeps! I would give anything to live in this world! Lol! If I haven’t sold you off on this series yet, I highly recommend it! It’s the prefect kind of read for paranormal lovers who enjoy a bit of mystery as well!

 

Overall Rating 5/5 stars




 

2 comments:

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!