Jul 4, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


I love that Echo loves books! And naturally, I was wanting a bookish teaser! And I found this one early on and got a kick out of it! You might recall that Echo is a bit of a thief taking what she needs to survive and all...

"Echo didn't steal books, and she didn't steal from bookstores. Even a thief needed a code of honor." p 76 
















TITLE: The Savage Dawn
AUTHOR: Melissa Grey
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE: Paranormal/Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: July 11, 2017




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



Looks like it will be a month of freebies for a bit! Now if only I could remember some of those topic ideas I liked from before...really got start writing these things down! LOL!

This week's topic is:  Top Ten Books I Plan to Read in September to Prepare for the Spooktacular Giveaway! 

Yes! It's that detailed/random! Though I can't say these will be all exact! I'm going to pick from my "scary" TBR jar and see what comes up!


*in no particular order


10. HOLDING SMOKE by Elle Cosimano--I really liked Elle's Nearly books so when this came out last year I thought I'd give it a read! Sounded creepy! Not super scary, but creepy, eerie! My favorite kind! LOL!
9. THE MERCILESS II by Danielle Vega--I read the first book not knowing it was series potential, so naturally I had to pick this one up, but it still needs to be read! As well as the third one that releases later this month!
8. HELLWORLD by Tom Leveen--this one sounded super creepy weird!! So pretty much perfect!


7. IT TAKES ONE by Kate Kessler--I'm ashamed to admit I still need to start this series! I love Kate's books that she writes under many different names and a thriller from her sounds delightful! Lol.
6. DIARY OF A HAUNTING by M. Verano--this one gave me the creeps from the cover alone! And it's a trilogy apparently! Seems like it's with different characters, but the same concepts. Only one way to find out!
5. NIL by Lynne Matson--another series I still want to read! Creepy islands? Hell yes! You can tell I'm still binging LOST!


4. SANCTUARY BAY by Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz--I read this duo's first duology some years ago and LOVED it! When I saw they had a thriller out I knew I had to give it a read...at some point! Lol! Cannot wait to read this one!
3. WELCOME TO THE DARK HOUSE by Laurie Faria Stolarz--I loooved Laurie's Blue is for Nightmares series from some years back! I still want to read her other series that came out before this one, but this one has a more horror feel to it and I am all over that!
2. THERE'S SOMEONE INSIDE YOUR HOUSE by Stephanie Perkins--it's not out yet, nor do I have an ARC, sigh, but it's still one I want to check out! I didn't read her contemp series because it's not my kind of read but this one sounds like my style! It reminds me of that Scary Story...or some such thing, where the killer is calling the babysitter from inside the house!!


1. THE DEAD LIST by Jennifer L. Armentrout--yes I still need to read this one! Worse yet I had created an account for whatever that website was where Jennifer had it posted for free for so many years. But I guess this is better because I won't have to be on my computer for the entire read!



    




7 comments:

  1. She's right — everyone needs a code. I take it she does steal from other places. Here's my intro/teaser link for today: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1xk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I read the first book in this series but didn't carry on. Maybe someday... Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across this series the other day and I'd like to try them. So many great books today and I spy a few I'll be checking out. We definitely have the same taste!

    My TT from Taking Out The Trailer Trash

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'me very pleased to hear of such a principled thief - besides, with public libraries in most towns, she shouldn't need to steal books. My TT today is the final book in Elizabeth May's The Falconer series - which I'm loving... https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/teaser-tuesday-4th-july-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hardly know what I am going to read next week. I am in awe that you know what you will be reading in September. 😮

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like an interesting book! http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/teaser-tuesday4566869

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m also interested in reading Armentrout´s book. Nice list!

    Thanks for stopping by My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!