Jul 9, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


This was a pretty decent week. Unfortunately I didn't have a long weekend prior since I had to work Monday, have Tuesday off then lug myself back to work the next day. It was ugh. Hate taking a day off midweek. It's so pointless.

In realm of bookish goodies I did pretty well though! I had a mishap the other day when a book I ordered was sent to me with the old cover. B&N was showing the new cover art and I am a sucker for having a matching series, so I bought it, thinking might as well get a head start while I have a coupon. I come home all excited to see my bookish packages waiting, I open it and see the exact same cover that is sitting on my shelf. Yeah. So wasn't happy about that.

But here's what I was happy about:

A Panicked Premonition by Victoria Laurie--still a bit behind in this series, I was hoping to get caught up but then review books came in and changed all that! LOL!
Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine--I've decided that for some of these newer books that are coming out as mostly digital that I would only buy the first book of the series. Granted I had this one on my kindle, but when I saw buying the first "book" I am meaning the physical book! Lol.
Our Dark Duet by V.E. Schwab--so yeah, I have a problem. And it's that I tend to buy UK covers of books I already own. I couldn't help it! I love the contrast of the US and UK covers. Plus it was only a duology, so it's kind of expendable. :)

And then the creme de la creme of my book haul:

Caraval by Stephanie Garber--the Russian edition!! Yes, I'm geeky and took a lot of time and effort to track this beauty down! I'll never be able to read it, but that cover is just GORGEOUS!!! I couldn't resist!!!


And then awhile back I won a contest at Kariny's Book Frenzy and the publisher sent me this one:

 The Best Kind of Magic by Crystal Cestari

THANK YOU Kariny & Disney-Hyperion!!


And then I got extremely lucky a few weeks back and bought myself a Rhys from Dust and Pages!!! Was sooo excited because when I saw a few bloggers with one awhile back and I got to thinking, I would really like a custom Funko!!

So naturally I had to rearrange my other bookshelf decor pieces so he could stand guard in front of my ACOTAR books! And yes, I STILL need to read ACOWAR! Hopefully soon! I just have a few more review books to get through first!
 
 
THANK YOU Ruthie! 


Then I also bought another shirt from Shirt.Woot! Though this time I bought it extra big so I could sleep in it because the words were soooo me when it comes to bedtime!


The words as sooo me!! My mind is always whirling about when I send myself to bed. It's ridiculous! LOL!

And that was my haul this week! Not too bad if I do say so myself! With the exception of my cover mishap, which I also feel will be doomed to repeat itself when I ordered the "new" cover for Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone. Pretty sure I'll be getting the old one despite the new cover was the one that was shown. 




15 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE FUNKO! Currently reading ACOWAR and it's great! Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any but they look good! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that Funko is so cute! I love them all. I don't own any yet, because I know when I finally break down and get one, I won't be able to stop and I'll have a house full of them. lol! I still haven't read This Savage Song. Maybe now that the second book is out, I can binge read them together. Hope you enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul, I may have to grab that uk cover

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Funko-I sooo want to collect those, but cant right now!! NIce week!! (except for the duplicate cover).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a great reading week for you - I've also got Stillhouse Lake so I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. I hope you have a more satisfactory week - Himself is on shifts and sometimes the day off simply doesn't work out all that well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! Hope you enjoy them, that Russian cover is really pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that Russian edition of Caraval is gorgeous! I know what you mean - I want to buy the Indonesian versions of Renee Ahdieh's debut duology. So, so gorgeous. And cheap, too! Well, the books are, the shipping, not so much. o_o I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! I'm so glad you finally found the Russian version, the cover is absolutely gorgeous!!
    I really like the funko!! Kind of tempted to get one for myself lol
    Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that Caraval from Russia is beautiful! I need to catch up on my V.E. Schwab books. I love her writing, but I am hopelessly behind on her books. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute Funko. I got Caine's book as my Prime free book, but ended up grabbing the audio too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have quite the Caraval collection! The Russian edition is gorgeous. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got a copy of Stillhouse Lake as well and I'm so excited to read it! I hope we both enjoy the book :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Russian edition of Caraval is GOREGEOUS! I can't stop looking at it! If only I had space for all the editions of that beauty.

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  15. That custom pop is adorable! I just might have to look into one of those myself...

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!