Jul 26, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Paula Stokes returns to the world of Vicarious in this sequel, a high-action psychological thriller with a protagonist out for vengeance.

When Winter Kim finds out that her sister is dead and that she has a brother she never knew about, only two things matter―finding what’s left of her family and killing the man who destroyed her life. Her mission leads her from St. Louis to Los Angeles back to South Korea, where she grew up.

Things get increasingly dangerous once Winter arrives in Seoul. Aided by her friends Jesse and Sebastian, Winter attempts to infiltrate an international corporation to get close to her target, a nefarious businessman named Kyung. But keeping her last remaining loved ones out of the line of fire proves difficult, and when all seems to be lost, Winter must face one last devastating decision: is revenge worth sacrificing everything for? Or can she find a spark of hope in the darkness that threatens to engulf her?


Ironically I just received this one right before I had this WoW scheduled! But since I'm technically not ready to read it, I can't wait to binge read this duology that partially takes place in St. Louis!

TITLE: Ferocious
AUTHOR: Paula Stokes
PUBLISHER: Tor Teen
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: August 15, 2017




 

17 comments:

  1. Seriously, Stokes is so awesome. She is definitely another author I will always be eager to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at high action psychological thriller! Lol ;)
    Nice pick! I hope you love it when you read it!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, I'm reading this one next week and I'm happy to finally get to it. Of all of Stone's books, I think Vicarious is among my favorites! I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Jessica. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wicked good. I hope you enjoy it.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not familiar with this author, but this surely looks interesting! Here's my WoW.
    PS: You may remember me from my old blog, Mind Reader. I'm now back, and following you via Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this series, but I hope you love it Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like I need to check out book one, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this one, but I think I need to add it to my TBR! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy this one. I read the first one and liked it but didn't love it. I was offered this one but passed. Maybe I will get around to reading it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the first book yet, but this sounds great! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've surprisingly never read anything but this author before, but I've heard amazing things about her.
    I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe the second book is about to come out soon, looks like I have some catching up to do!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've definitely been seeing lots of excitement for this one! It sounds like a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Paula Stokes! I need to check out this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this authors historical stuff (as Fiona Paul) but I never got into her stuff as Paula Stokes, but this series does sound like a good one. I may have to get to them some day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOO... This sequel cover is so pretty! I don't know if I like it when the sequels are prettier than the first books. Typically prettier sequels means I have to buy the entire series in order to get the pretty book on my shelves.

    Thanks for stopping by Shell's Stories. XD

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!