Jul 5, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


For fans of John Dies at the End and Welcome to Night Vale comes a tour de force of horror, humor, and H.P. Lovecraft. The surviving members of a forgotten teenage detective club (and their dog) must reunite as broken adults to finally solve the terrifying case that ruined them all and sent the wrong man to prison. Scooby Doo and the gang never had to do this!

1990. The teen detectives once known as the Blyton Summer Detective Club (of Blyton Hills, a small mining town in the Zoinx River Valley in Oregon) are all grown up and haven't seen each other since their fateful, final case in 1977. Andy, the tomboy, is twenty-five and on the run, wanted in at least two states. Kerri, one-time kid genius and budding biologist, is bartending in New York, working on a serious drinking problem. At least she's got Tim, an excitable Weimaraner descended from the original canine member of the team. Nate, the horror nerd, has spent the last thirteen years in and out of mental health institutions, and currently resides in an asylum in Arhkam, Massachusetts. The only friend he still sees is Peter, the handsome jock turned movie star. The problem is, Peter's been dead for years.

The time has come to uncover the source of their nightmares and return to where it all began in 1977. This time, it better not be a man in a mask. The real monsters are waiting.

With raucous humor and brilliantly orchestrated mayhem, Edgar Cantero's Meddling Kids taps into our shared nostalgia for the books and cartoons we grew up with, and delivers an exuberant, eclectic, and highly entertaining celebration of horror, life, friendship, and many-tentacled, interdimensional demon spawn.


So at first I thought that this was an MG book and I held off on being too excited, but then I decided what the heck? And when I actually read the synopsis without getting distracted I was like OMG!! It's SCOOBY DOO!!! I mean, sorta! Lol!! It's perfectly me!!

AUTHOR: Edgar Cantero
PUBLISHER: Doubleday Books
GENRE: Mystery
RELEASE DATE: July 11, 2017



 

19 comments:

  1. OOoh! A book that's like Scooby Doo! Sounds interesting!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof that one should never refrain themselves, no matter the age, once a book lover, always a book lover ;)
    Hope you read it and have a wonderful adventure!

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I totally had the Scooby gang in mind too. Fact: It was my favorite cartoon as as kid and I beamed with pride when my generation started watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds perfect and I totally got the Scooby Doo vibe too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh my GOSH this looks like so much fun. xD THanks for sharing this one, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait wait so it's like Scooby Doo based kind of book? Sounds promising! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds cool! Reminds me of Scooby Doo, actually...
    Hope you enjoy :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! I hadn't even heard of this one before now. I'm definitely going to be adding this one to my TBR list...I mean, it's kind of Scooby Doo! Who can pass that up?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't read too many MG these days, but what a cool cover! This book sounds awesome :D Awesome WoW pick, and happy reading!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  10. LoL "Scooby Doo" has gotten dark :p

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a review copy of this. I'm totally hoping to read it this month because it sounds so fun. I love the Scooby Doo vibes.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds good and I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait this *is* MG though, right? It looks interesting! I've not read an MG book in a long time. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Jessica. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one is new to me, but that cover looks awesome! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG WHAT IS THIS! I am definitely putting this on my TBR! Thank you so much for sharing! :D

    Here's my can't-wait read!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like so much fun! I hope you enjoy it, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cover is so eye catching and I love it. Plus can I just say the title made me think of Scooby Doo? Well it did and that alone makes me want to dive in lol. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MAN I need this book! The cover is amazing and looove me some Scooby!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks cute and creepy. Speaking of Scooby, I'm not sure if you watch Supernatural, the television show, but it's supposed to have an animated crossover episode featuring Scooby-Doo. I'm excited and nervous about it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!