Jul 16, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


Well this wasn't a bad week. Sadly one of the books I ordered online came to me deformed. I can't stand it. What's worse is none of the stores have it!! This is why I loathe buying books online. I will admit that 95% of the time, if not more, the books I get come in acceptable condition. Occasionally some little nuisance might be on the spine but never anything to make things really bad. This one's bad! The cover is all smushed and is slanting towards the side. It's dreadful. So I won't be sharing that one until I find a replacement! Lol. The struggles of a bibliophile!

But anyway, here's what I did buy in beautiful condition! :D

The Merciless III by Danielle Vega
The Carnelian Crow by Colleen Gleason
Exiled by Amanda Carlson
The Savage Dawn by Melissa Grey--UK edition
Scooby Apocalypse #15 by J.M. DeMatteis & Keith Giffen


While out and about I found these adorable book pins by Jane Mount! I think I've seen them somewhere once before as well! There were a lot of classics and then all 7 Harry Potter titles! I limited myself to Dracula and Harry Potter 1! There's an Etsy shop and a website! If you wanted to check them out yourself! ;)


Then I tracked this one down on Amazon! Once I saw that there was a Scooby Dum Funko Pop I knew I needed it for my Scooby collection!



And then I got my Roar pre-order swag which is truly awesome!!! I love it! Need to find one of my empty chains to make it into a necklace!!





And that was my haul this week!! What did you all get?!







15 comments:

  1. Yikes! I'm sorry your book got smooshed. :( Hopefully you can find another copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would love to see your house and all your collections of things. :)

    Hope you can find a replacement for that book, it's one of the reasons I hate shopping online for books too.

    Have a great week!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Sorry to hear about the book coming in a bad condition. Will they send you a replacement?
    My roommate really loves the Merciless books! I might have to try them.
    Happy reading and take care, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man that stinks about the book :( Not only do you have to replace it, but I hate to SEE a book so ruined! Hopefully you can find a replacement soon. Love the HP pin! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that a book was munched in the post:(. I can't recall the last time it happened to us here, but the packaging they use is just insane. I LOVE the look of The Savage Dawn! Have a great reading week, Jessica. My Sunday Post - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/07/16/sunday-post-16th-july-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your book. I've never had that happen to me yet, but I'm always worried it will come in damaged from the rain or snow.
    I hope you enjoy the Savage Dawn, I still need to read the second book.. oops.
    Have a lovely week.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you read the first Merciless? I've been eyeing it for awhile and I can't decide if I want to read it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pins are awesome! And I love the Roar swag for preordering - I wanted to preorder but didn't love the book enough to preorder it... but I love the preorder incentive. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fantastic week, Jessica. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul! I like your UK edition of The Savage Dawn.
    Enjoy your books.

    Thanks for visiting My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome haul this week, though I'm sorry to hear about your online book shopping woes. Receiving something that you bought damaged is always a pain, and it's even worse when it's a book and you are a collector. I hope you can get a replacement copy!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, poor deformed book. You should love it anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be so sad if a book arrived in that condition. I hope you can find a replacement soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would be curious about Exile! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your new books are new to me, but I sure hope you'll enjoy them! Sorry about the one that arrived in bad condition! That always makes me sad.
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the book pins! Sorry you had a book show up in bad condition. :( Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!