Sep 22, 2017

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict
 
 
This week's question is: In regards of Banned Books Week (www.bannedbooksweek.org/), what are your favourite books that has been banned or challenged? (submitted by Kristin @ Lukten av Trykksverte)
 
 
MY ANSWER: Some of my favorites are Harry Potter, naturally, but also Alice in Wonderland, for the mere fact that it's blasphemous to have talking animals! It's funny, as last year I helped gift my sister's fifth grade classroom a bunch of books that were banned. Then I proceed to give her the information on why said book was banned. It was then her job to put that down on a card or something to put on the book! I just hope she actually did that! I did everything else! LOL!
 
I'm sure there are other books of mine that were banned. Likely anything with vampires because vampires are blasphemous. Totally blanking on what title it was, but there was one that was banned because it had a female heroine. Like legit the hero was a girl. BAAAAADDD!! *eyeroll*


 




2 comments:

  1. I actually had to google Banned YA books, because I was never aware of what books were banned, and I was surprised by how many I read in school: Huck Finn, To Kill a Mockingbird, Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Flies, 1984. I guess my school district was very progressive. I don't necessarily have a favorite, but Perks of Being a Wallflower rates high. I also remember Judy Blume being the voice of my tween/teen years, and she appears on the list quite frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, The Hunger Games for sure! It's so funny you mention banned books because this lady at Barnes & Noble asked if I could help her in the YA section.... and then proceeds to tell me that she doesn't allow her fifteen year old to read anything with violence or sex or drugs. REALLY? THEN to add insult to injury, she told me that her kid has read THG. I'm like "you do know that's about kids killing each other, right?" and she was like "yeah but it isn't too bad". I was thinking "tell that to Rue". That is awesome that you did that for your sister's classroom, too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!