Sep 17, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


So this was a better week. Though it did take FOOOOOREVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRR to get my copy of Warcross. It got lost and Amazon made me wait 2 extra days before declaring it "lost". Then I had to wait another 2 days to get it. Yes, I did read it already, but I was a little aggravated that Amazon had to wait soooooo long to declare it lost when it was clearly LOST! The tracking even said it was miss-sorted and given a new tracking number. What that number was they never told me, because obviously, they didn't know. They didn't handle the situation well at all. But at least I got my book in release week in the end.

So here's what I ended up buying:

Warcross by Marie Lu
Fireblood by Elly Blake
Fireblood by Elly Blake--UK copy because I'm a geek and love them both!
Scooby Apocalypse #17 by Keith Giffen & J.M. DeMatteis


Then in a lovely trade I received:

 Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger


THANK YOU Danielle!!


I also got my Owl Crate box, sadly I was spoiled again about its contents. But there it is! I'll post the contents here at the end of the month/early October!







That was it for bookish acquirements this week! What did you all get? 



 

13 comments:

  1. From what I am reading, Warcross is going to be a winner for me. I hope you like it. I enjoyed Follow Me Back. There are many times where it read like a traditional romance, and then some crazy stuff would happen. The ending was jaw dropping, and I am eager to get my hands on the next book, so I can see what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul! I can't wait to get my hands on Warcross

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some very nice looking books, Jessica! I hope you'll enjoy them!
    It's difficult with book boxes... those that send them like it when we share the content, but others who are still waiting for theirs would like to not be spoiled.
    Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul, you and your extra editions...lol. :)

    Have a great week!
    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warcross has such a pretty cover. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you finally got Warcross! I've been trying to read that book for the longest time. For some reason, it just isn't calling to me. But I will read it someday. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a lovely week, Jessica. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Warcross, just started that one. Follow Me Back looks pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely want to read Marie Lu's new book. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just recently finished Warcross, hope you enjoy it! And yeah, I've learned to keep off certain social media if you want to be surprised for subscription boxes, spoilers are sort of a given especially when the folks that do the boxes encourage their subscribers to post their loot/unboxings so it's just best to avoid all together.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny that you bought two copies of Fire Blood right off the bat. I still need to read that series! I have the first two books, so... no excuses.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoy your new books and have a great week.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday memes

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's crazy that you had so much trouble with Amazon in getting your book. Sorry to hear that. I can't wait to see what you think of Firecross!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!