Sep 19, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


So to set this scene up a bit, Nemesis and Tyrus are discussing Tyrus ingesting poisons a little at a time to build an immunity. ;)


"I glanced down at his schedule for today. A psychedelic. 'Are you hallucinating as we speak?'

'Not much...apart from your antlers,' he noted." p 52*


*Quote comes from the eARC, therefore it and its page number are NOT final. 










TITLE: The Empress
AUTHOR: S.J. Kincaid
PUBLISHER: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Sci-Fi YA
RELEASE DATE: October 31, 2017




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR List


*in no particular order
**this will be a mishmash of actual TBR books and some new releases that come out shortly!


10. THE MAY QUEEN MURDERS by Sarah Jude--the TBR jar has decided my next and first spooky read of the season shall be this one! She's a semi-local author I met last year and I still need to read her debut!
9. THE TELLING by Alexandra Sirowy--I still need to read this one too! I liked her first book, felt kind of meh over her latest, so I am hoping this one will be creepy enough for me!
8. THE DEAD LIST by Jennifer L. Armentrout--still can't believe I haven't read it yet! So upset with myself! There should be no JLA books in my TBR pile! They should already be read! LOL!


7. THE COLDEST GIRL IN COLDTOWN by Holly Black--I randomly selected this one from my "spooky" reads TBR jar! 
6. THE SANDCASTLE EMPIRE by Kayla Olson--another randomly selected one! I think this one is more thriller than scary, but that can still be scary! LOL!
5. THE MERCILESS II by Danielle Vega--STILL need to read this one and obviously the third one too!


4. RELIC by Grecthen McNeil--still need to read this one too! It's on my kindle...somewhere...though I'm also forgetting which kindle, old or new! LOL!
3. THERE'S SOMEONE INSIDE YOUR HOUSE by Stephanie Perkins--despite one early review leading me to believe that this one might not be as thrilling or creepy, I still want to give it a go! Cover still kind of gives me a little chill at least! LOL!
2. THE LANGUAGE OF THORNS by Leigh Bardugo--so maybe not a completely creepy or chilling read, but they are fairy tales from Leigh's Grishaverse! And we all know that fairy tales can be rather dark, so I still suspect this will be a very fine Fall read indeed!


1. HUNTING PRINCE DRACULA by Kerri Maniscalco--this very well might upset my reading queue's balance! Total chaos will reign...and yet I don't care because I MUST MUST MUST read this asap!!











19 comments:

  1. YES! To all! I still can't belive you haven't read The Dead List. It has a clown in it, so...I think it would be better to read it AFTER Halloween and AFTER the movie IT hits the cinemas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had originally really wanted to read the new Perkins, but people have been so "meh" and I have so many other books to read. I hope you like. Maybe a positive review will push me to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to put them on my list but I definitely can't wait to read Hunting Prince Dracula and The Language of Thorns. Great list of books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have some awesome books here. I'm pretty sure I have a copy of The Telling but I've never picked it up. Have fun with all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the Coldest Girl in Coldtown is REALLY good!! And totally underrated I think. I hope you love it! :D And I really want to read Language of Thorns too...ajfdksalfd that cover is so intensely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also reading There's Someone Inside Your House. It's the perfect fall read and I've heard good things. And hunting Prince Dracula is amazing! I hope you enjoy it and all these books. Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you'll really like Hunting Prince Dracula! And I didn't know you had a copy of EMPRESS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read stalking jack the ripper! Awesome picks! There are so many fall releases I am excited about and so many series I want to continue/start!

    Happy Reading!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs
    My Fall TBR picks

    ReplyDelete
  9. The May Queen Murders was my staff rec at the bookstore where I work last year, it was really good! There's Someone in Your House is on my list as well. Great picks!
    Check out my Top 10


    ReplyDelete
  10. Oo I need to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! I read another book by Holly Black and fell in love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on Hunting Prince Dracula. Good luck with The Telling, I found it meh at best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really did laugh out loud! I have got to try that author! Relic was good. And I'm going to go check out a few on your list that I'm not familiar with.

    My TT from Shadow Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hunting Prince Dracula is my very next read (I have to review it on Thursday, so... yeah, a little behind.) I can't wait!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I remember Relic was one I wanted to read! And There's Someone In The House is one I'm hoping will be good. The Dead List looks kinda freaky!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been wanting to read The Coldest Girl In Coldtown for awhile. I hear it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are some wonderful books here. And I also love your quote from The Empress. Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Language of Thorns is so beautiful!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/19/top-ten-tuesday-125/

    ReplyDelete
  18. THE LANGUAGE OF THORNS sounds so good. But my fall TBR is totally taken up by a read along I'm doing. My TTT: http://books.thetechchef.net/top-ten-tuesday-33/

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Dead List is so good! Its so swoony but also so creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!