Sep 26, 2017

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page

3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"The sound of the blood rushing inside my ears blocked out what he said next. There was just a whooshing noise growing louder and louder." p 161 















TITLE: The Hanging Girl
AUTHOR: Eileen Cook

PUBLISHER: HMH Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Thriller YA
RELEASE DATE: October 3, 2017




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Ten Books that Feature Characters who are Killers


*in no particular order
**I clearly have Halloween on the brain so forgive the gruesome topic! 


10. TEN by Gretchen McNeil--I write this post super early for reasons, and I am eagerly anticipating watching this movie version! Teens stranded on an island with no contact to the mainland and there's a killer on the loose somewhere as they all start dying one by one!!
9. GET EVEN by Gretchen McNeil--Gretchen writes yet another delightful (lol) story where this group of friends is being stalked in a sense by a killer!
8. THE BODY FINDER by Kimberly Derting--this one involves a teen girl who can find dead bodies, usually murder victims. Even more eerie is that we get chapters from the killer's POV!!


7. NEARLY GONE by Elle Cosimano--one involving a serial killer on the loose and his notes that he leaves behind are a puzzle that Nearly just might be able to solve! Very good read! The sequel too! I wish there were MORE!
6. CITY OF THE LOST by Kelley Armstrong--while our heroine has killed before, it's not exactly what you might think. When she comes to this town to help hide her BFF, she ends up finding herself solving a murder among the residents!
5. BLACK ICE by Becca Fitzpatrick--our heroine who gets kidnapped by her foes must help them get through the woods. And it becomes clear that murders have taken place nearby!


4. THE DEAD LIST by Jennifer L. Armentrout--a TBR read that I must get to asap! After an attempted murder and having the murderer, likely, stalking her afterward definitely makes for a chilling read.
3. YOU by Caroline Kepnes--still need to obtain a copy, but this one sounds creepy good! Our stalker/maybe a killer is our person of interest aka storyteller!
2. THE DEVIL YOU KNOW by Trish Doller--another TBR read where our heroine for whatever reason takes a road trip with two brothers she JUST MET and oh yeah...one of them is likely a killer!


1. STALKING JACK THE RIPPER by Kerri Maniscalco--oh how I loved this one!! Audrey Rose is out to prove her uncle isn't Jack the Ripper by finding the real killer. So obviously we have a killer on the loose. I still can't believe I didn't see the identity coming! I still feel sideswiped by that! LOL!








13 comments:

  1. I started Get Even, but never finished it. I think it wasn't working for me as an audiobook, but I might re-try it and read the physical book. I have heard great things about Stalking Jack the Ripper, and have that one on my TBR. Hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A morbid choice but the books are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read City of the Lost and thoroughly enjoyed it, but don't know any of the others. Your TT this week sounds very dramatic, Jessica - I hope you are finding it an enjoyable read. My TT - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/09/26/teaser-tuesday-26th-september-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice take on the topic! I'd really like to read Stalking Jack the Ripper. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great topic! Perfect for this time of year!
    I LOVED The Body Finder. It was the perfect amount of creepy without scaring me too bad.
    This was so unique and I am dying for it =) Hahaha couldn't help the pun
    Great list as always =)
    Ashley @ Books To The Tea
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teaser! I have add a few books from your TTT too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh very dark topic, I love it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/09/26/top-ten-tuesday-126/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm upset I don't see I Hunt Killers on this list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Stalking Jack the Ripper! It's killing me (haha) that I can't get Hunting Prince Dracula right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOoh! Interesting topic! I need to check these books out!

    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nearly Gone and City of the Lost had been on TBR pile for a while, I need to read them soon.

    Thanks for stopping by My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Hanging Girl sounds really good. And I love your list! TEN was the bomb lol and I loved both get Even and City of the Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved Black Ice and The Dead List! I so need to read Stalking Jack The Ripper soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!