Sep 13, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.



The tale is told as if it's happening once upon a dream: the lovely maiden meets her handsome prince in the woods. The story has been told many times and in many ways. But always the maiden finds out that she is a princess-a princess who has been cursed by a dark fairy to prick her finger on a spindle and fall into an eternal sleep. Though her three good fairies try to protect her, the princess succumbs to the curse. But the power of good endures, as her true love defeats the fire-breathing dragon and awakens the princess with true love's first kiss. The two live happily ever after.

And yet this is only half the story. So what of the dark fairy, Maleficent? Why does she curse the innocent princess? What led to her becoming so filled with malice, anger, and hatred? Many tales have tried to explain her motives. Here is one account, pulled down from the many passed down through the ages. It is a tale of love and betrayal, of magic and reveries. It is a tale of the Mistress of All Evil.
 

 
I've only read 1 out of the 3 available books but I am still interested in reading the rest! And since we have another one coming out, I'm gonna need to read it too!


PUBLISHER: Disney Press
GENRE: Disney Retellings
RELEASE DATE: October 3, 2017





18 comments:

  1. AH I love retellings!! Thanks so much for bringing this one to my attention, it sounds amazing!
    Brilliant pick this week :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, it's Maleficent, how can I possibly say not to her? *evil laugh* Seriously love your pick this week, Jessica :D

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! This looks interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, neat! I was never a fan of Maleficent but I understand the appeal. There is something about villains. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fantastic day, Jessica. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is this the first time I'm hearing about this...
    I definitely need to get my hands on this asap.
    I hope we both love it when it comes out :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know another book was being added to this series. I love Maleficent. Thank you for sharing it.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Disney!!! I still have to check out the series but it's on my list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHH! I hadn't heard about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I NEED ALL OF THESE! I haven't read any of them but they sound great and I love the covers.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would buy this one for the cover alone. Gorgeous! Great pick, Jessica. I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice, these are perfect for Disney fans! The villains' lives are so interesting too.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love villain backstories! I haven't read any of the books in this series, but they always catch my eye. Have a great week, Jess!

    Becky
    Stories & Sweeties

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always see this series whenever I go to B&N! I'm always tempted to get them too, but they never stay on my radar for long! I'm checking out the series on goodreads now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What was the 1 out of 3 that you've read? And how was it? I thought about checking these books out, but I just don't know. I might need to see what other people think...

    Thanks for visiting Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Beast Within! It was the story about how the Beast came to be cursed and such. I read it earlier this year, Here's my review of it if you'd like to read it!

      Delete
  15. I love the sound of this one and that cover is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!