Sep 4, 2018

The Cookie Book Tag

 
I saw this tag last week and thought it sounded like a lot of fun! Who doesn't love cookies?! And relating them to books sounds like a lot of fun...let's see how difficult this will be for me! LOL!


This tag was created by Nicole at Sorry, I'm Booked!


Chocolate Chip: A Classic Book That You Love or Really Enjoyed

I'm making this into my own definition of classic! And naturally, my pick is one from the early generation of Paranormal YA! Of course there are older ones, The Vampire Diaries were from the 90s but Demon in My View was my first vampire novel! And naturally, it still has a special place in my heart after all these years!














Thin Mints: A Fandom That You Really Want to ‘Join’ AND/OR a Hyped-Up Book You Want To Read 


I'm not sure if this one will fit everyone's definition of "hype" but it was one I saw a lot of good reviews for, so naturally I decided to pick The Wicked Deep up! It's supposed to be a pretty eerie and maybe creepy read! It sounded rather creepy at least! Hopefully I'll get to it soonish!













Shortbread: An Author You Can’t Get Enough Of

Even though I don't read contemporary books and that's a sizeable portion of what Jennifer writes as well, I still can't get enough of all her paranormal and mystery/thrillers! She's an author I am always excited to return to with each book I pick up! And man, can this woman write! And write fast!! Love her books!











Samoas/ Caramel DeLites: An Emotional Rollercoaster  


Honestly, there are SOOO many books to choose from! I honestly had to sift through some of my reviews and try to remember what emotional turmoil I was thrown into with the books that I was seeing! Then I came across Crystal Storm and oh my! What book in the Falling Kingdoms series didn't send me on an emotional roller-coaster? But this one's ending...oh man...that was killer!












Oreos: A Book Whose Cover Was Better Than The Story OR Vice Versa, Where The Story Was Better Than Its Cover

I wasn't really a fan of the new cover look the Fire & Flood series went in. Thankfully, Salt & Stone was still as amazing as its predecessor despite a cover change that was not for the better.
















Tagalongs/ Peanut Butter Patties: A Book That Wasn’t What You Expected 

In the early days, I was always hesitant to read a book that was about a boy! This was early YA days, so there wasn't a lot to choose from. I mean yes, Harry Potter was epic, but can other male protagonists live up that?! Then I happened to win Intertwined and Unraveled in a contest and since at the time, I didn't have anything new to read (ha! I can't even remember those days anymore!) I decided to give it a try. And wow! Intertwined BLEW MY MIND! It was freaking amazing and I ate up the pages and thankfully I had the second book to read and then I think after that I only had a few months until the third book came out! But then sadly...it was all canceled and all the answers to the questions I had would never be answered! Yes, Gena eventually answered some, but I tweeted her another question some time after the posting of that post and I never got an answer. So I am still in turmoil over the cancellation of this series and the lack of any answers!



Snickerdoodles: A Book You May Never Stop Rereading/ Loving

Old Magic is yet another of my "classics." No matter how old I get or how old the book gets, I will always love this one! It's been years since I've read it, but I can still remember pieces of it and why I loved it so whole-heartedly! It will always hold a special place in my heart! 











Bonus: Choose a cookie I didn’t list and make up a question!
Gooey Butter Cookies: A book that made you feel all warm and gooey inside! 

As I said before in many situations, Jennifer L. Armentrout's books are just amazing! And needless to say that when she writes romances, she writes them very well! Incredibly, so! They always leave me feeling all warm and gooey inside! LOL! From the books I read, her romances tend to start out very sweet and naturally, they tend to get hotter afterwards! In Till Death, there's a very sweet and subtle romance going on amid the murder mystery and naturally, it had me all aflutter!













If this tag looks like fun to you, consider yourself tagged! And my apologies, once again, if the pictures of cookies left you hungry! If it helps, I am definitely craving more than one of these!! LOL!










1 comment:

  1. Now this is a post that truly feeds my fiction addiction. :-) I love the one that you made up yourself---works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!