Jul 14, 2022

Random Thursday

 

I keep getting surprised by how interesting these historical facts are! I'm not a big history buff, as I enjoy more of the haunted history! Surprised, right? Lol. Shane Carley continues to surprise and even delight me with these facts from True Facts That Sound Like Bull$#*t!



Did you know that Shakespeare invented the name "Jessica?" The oldest recorded instance of the name was in his play, The Merchant of Venice!


I legit did not know this! So naturally, I had to use one of the rare photos of me...and an author! 


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

During the Siege of Stalingrad, Russian casualties outnumbered all those lost from U.S. and U.K. forces during the entire war.



(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

The first leader of an independent Chile was Irishman, Bernardo O'Higgins.


That's interesting!


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

Did you know Hitler's nephew, William Hitler fought against him in World War II? He later changed his name to William Stuart-Houston and served in the U.S. Navy during the war.


That's also very interesting!


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)

Did you know the Whiskey Rebellion was actually over whiskey? Taxes were raised on the alcohol and put distributors at an extreme economic bind.


So much of our history involves alcohol.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!