Jul 24, 2022

Stacking the Shelves--Book Sales Part 2 & MORE!!

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

This week has been so agonizingly hot! We're talking triple digits and extremely high heat index with humidity...it's been nasty! I mean, I only went out to check the mail on days I knew things were coming! And oh wow....did I get some things!! THe rest of my book sale orders came from the previous week, plus a preorder and a Kickstarter prize...it was awesome!

 

Here's what I got this week:

 

The Hacienda by Isabel Canas--couldn't say no to a hardcover at T PB price!
Eclipse the Moon by Jessie Mihalik--keeper copy!
On These Black Sands by Vanessa Rasanen--got this one with the B&N sale as it's one I keep seeing and wanted to give a try!
Blood and Moonlight by Erin Beaty--two copies later and both had arrived with askew dustjackets, so I'm thinking it was just a manufacturer error? Since my last one had stickers all over it, it had be exchanged. This one was clean and sticker free but it too was all off centered, I wasn't in the mood to try again though with a replacement!
Never Never by Serena Valentino--sooo need to get caught up in this series! Still have 2 books before I can read this one!
The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling

 

Then a month or two ago I backed Sandy Williams' Kickstarter to print The Shadow Reader in hardcover! This was a series I LOVED so I thought, why not? I would love a special hardcover edition of the first book, so that arrived this week:

 


The Shadow Reader by Sandy Williams--SIGNED hardcover!


Then I was trying to complete some trilogy sets I had going and picked up the Greek versions of Caraval & Legendary to go with my Finale edition!


Caraval by Stephanie Garber--GREEK edition!
Legendary by Stephanie Garber--GREEK edition!


Then I got my Fairy Loot ADULT book for July and since I'm seeing it shared by others already, I'm sharing it here as well. So scroll past if you haven't gotten it yet...though I'm only showing the front cover, none of the extra details! And really, I just took the picture off Goodreads as it's already up there too! ;)

The Undertaking of Hart and Mercy by Megan Bannen--this one sounded cute and it's paranormaly, so I thought I would give it a try since lately, I've been feeling disappointed with this adult subscription! Fun bonus, I just found out the author will be at my library next month, so I'm upping this in the TBR pile!!


And finally, this one came as a happy surprise in some sense! At the end of May I had received an email saying that I won an ARC contest for this book! Over a month went by before I reached out a second time to see what might have happened as it had not shown up. At the beginning of July I was told it was sent out that week and yet still nothing happened. I was beginning to think I was scammed somehow and my messages on Twitter were going ignored, so I gave up. Then when this shiny envelope arrived this week, I initially thought it was the Goodreads contest that I won--SHOCK I KNOW, RIGHT?! But it was THIS book! The one I won wayyy back at the end of May!! I was so happy that it actually showed up as it's one I really want to read too!


A Wilderness of Stars by Shea Ernshaw (ARC)


THANK YOU SimonTeen!


 

And that was it for me this week! It was a spectacular week for books!! My pile was so tall that the spot I keep my week's haul was blocking my view of my TV from my bed! It was beautiful! Lol!! What did you get this week?





 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!