Oct 30, 2022

Stacking the Shelves--A Week of Awesomeness & Caraval!

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality.

 

Another week has gone by and I am struggling to remember what happened. Work is in its chaotic time. I had started just after all this last year, so I missed it and honestly I'm not sad about that because it's nuts! Luckily we've got a full team so the work is spread evenly, but there's still a chaotic mess at times! As far as books go and such it was pretty exciting! One book took me by surprise with its early arrival and it was honestly a good book week despite the fact that I didn't buy any new releases! I preordered one but apparently B&N member shipping as been reduced to media length sipping times. Glad that membership fee goes to express shipping and getting things in 1-3 days! Everything has been late ever since Covid, you would think by now we could actually go back to the express shipping instead of this garbage speed that I've been dealing with for almost 3 years now.

 

Here's what I bought:

The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James--I was on my Walmart run last Sunday when I went to the book section to actually look for the book on the right but I found this instead and decided to buy it on impulse! I just finished my first book of hers and really liked it, so I am eager for more!
Flight 171 by Amy Christine Parker--this one sounded creepy good!



Then I got my preorders from The Bookish Box and Owl Crate for sequels of books I started with them! So I basically completed my series! Sadly there was printing errors with Owl Crate...they seem to be having a lot of those lately for these special editions. Basically the book is shiny instead of the previous fabric like cover. Sigh...it's always the pretty features that get butchered.


Kingdom of the Feared by Kerri Maniscalco--The Bookish Box edition
Forestfall by Lyndall Clipstone--Owl Crate edition


Then I HAD to order the gorgeous Italian Omnibus of the Caraval trilogy! The pages have been sprayed blue on the edges and it's so pretty! 

Caraval by Stephanie Garber--Italian Omnibus



Then I got my Fairy Loot YA book for October! This was one I was curious about so I was happy to get this book. Though I was a little sad that other than being hardcover and sprayed edges, there wasn't anything unique about the cover. I decided not to share it here in case others haven't gotten theirs yet, but I think I lost my early "shipping" spot in the scheme of things when I switched to book only as it seems I am always spoiled for this.



Then I received a surprise gift from Flatiron Books on Friday! I had signed up for notifications from all the usual "mail" people so I knew something was coming and I was bouncing up the walls with wonderment! Then of course, UPS got held up or something as it arrived a day late! But it was very exciting indeed!

I received one of the extended samplers for Leigh Bardugo's Hell Bent! And gummy skulls!


THANK YOU Flatiron Books!



Then when I went to B&N to find one of my earlier books up there, I stumbled upon this bookmark and couldn't help myself by buying it! I did just get rid of 4 or 5 bookmarks, so I was totally okay to buy 1 more! Lol!





Then I received some preorder goodies from Josephine Angelini! It's a set of character cards for her newest release Scions, which was AWESOME!



THANK YOU Josie!



And that was it for me this week! It was pretty nice book-wise! What all did you get?









 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!