Apr 2, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--The Garber Mail Day (and Then Some!) Edition

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Another week has passed...and other than a book signing I had on Thursday night, it was another quiet week really. I've no complaints, so don't think that I am complaining! I'd rather have calm than chaos! Although there was a bit of stormy weather on Friday afternoon that had my anxiety hovering pretty much all day! The signing on Thursday was with Marie Lu and it went lovely! I found it ironic that the last time she came to visit in 2018 we had an ice storm on the tails of her arrival. I remember leaving her signing a little early to try to beat the weather home, this time, the thunderstorm waited until the end of the discussion to start, I managed to beat the heart of it home, but hit a few raindrops on the way and saw lots of lightning...so it was only mildly panic inducing...nothing worse than driving during a thunderstorm at night! Eck. Did I mention I hate weather? Especially driving in it? Lol!


It was a pretty nice week for books too! Here's what I got:

Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber--standard paperback
Once Upon a Broken Heart by Stephanie Garber--
B&N paperback edition!

 

Stars and Smoke by Marie Lu--SIGNED!


 

For review from the publisher:


The Stolen Throne by Abigail Owen--early copy!

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH Entangled Teen!!


For review from the author:

The Study of Poisons by Maria V. Snyder (ARC)--suuuuper excited to read this one as Poison Study was a longtime favorite read of mine! About a 1/3 of the way into this one now, since the weekend got pretty busy yesterday. Might not get much read today as there might be family things going on...so we'll see! I am dying to dive back into it though!


THANK YOU Maria!

 

 

Then my Fairy Loot Adult March book came! I knew what the book was an almost, almost made it without being spoiled by its appearance until someone posted something on Instagram or Twitter...already forgot which. But since I'm writing this late and realized I didn't take a picture, I won't share it here. Almost to the point where I will be canceling the adult subscription as lately the book choices haven't exactly wowed me. Like I would not have picked them up myself, I just happened to figure out what this one was...and I confirmed it with other professional book box guessers, lol!




Then I won the February link up of the 2023 Series Ender Reading Challenge! I won an Amazon gift card, that I oddly haven't spent yet. Lol.



THANK YOU Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know!



And finally, my DOTM for March arrived the same day as my OUABH paperbacks, so it was a Garber mail day and I was all for it!


These were obtained from Pages of the Night! If you've ever wanted Pops of your favorite book characters, I highly, HIGHLY recommend Britnee! She does an amazing job of these beauties! I've wayyyy too many of them myself. You can probably guess which ones I buy the most! Lol! So yes, when these two made their way into another DOTM as a combo or single purchase, I naturally had to have the set! I present to you, the Archer and the Fox!


Sadly, I moved the rest of my collection into storage...I debate bringing them out because the bookcase I want to store display them on keeps having issues with the shelves. They buckle every time I put hardcover books on them. The shelf pegs are plastic little bits that are annoying and weak. I tried several times to buy metal ones but could never get the right size. The holes are all uneven, so it's impossible! My stepdad thinks he can get the shelves to be screwed in and I told him yes! I have them where they can allow for the best book size on each shelf...which is pretty short, but might be okay for most US hardcovers...so naturally, it is no longer allowed to be my Garber bookcase. I'm just anxious about putting too many breakables on the shelves until they are stable. So I might leave my doll collection in storage until then...maybe I can find my own house soon and then it won't be as big of an issue.

Getting more bookcases and a proper Garber bookcase will be the bigger issue! Lol!



Sorry for that diatribe there! I just started typing words as they came into my head! Lol! That was all I got this week! What new books and/or exciting new merch did you get?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!