Apr 30, 2023

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Well it was another eh week. Not really complaining or anything, it's just not much happened. Feeling a little disheartened with my quest to find a house for myself as I can't afford much on my own and the results pretty much tell me, there's nothing I can afford. I need to win the lottery...or at least a chunk of the lottery to give me a better down payment on something that costs a little more. So yeah, that kind of put me in a down mood. Saturday was fun though! I visited my favorite independent bookstore and met up with Carole @ Carole's Random Life in Books. I did some other shopping adventures after that. Sadly no good "deals," but not terrible either, in terms of a new purse! Lol!


Here's what I got this week:

Damsel by Evelyn Skye
For You and Only You by Caroline Kepnes
Fat Cat by Rachel Vincent--SUPER excited to read this one but I have 1 more Wildcats book to read before I can let myself dive into this one! Yes, I am THAT kind of weird! ;)


Then my Indie Bookstore Day Haul included:

The Lake House by Sarah Beth Durst
Queen of Myth & Monsters by Scarlett St. Clair--
sadly this was my blind date with a book pick, and I already have it. Exact same thing since I bought the book back in December with the bookstore at the signing. Just my luck to fall for the hint of "vampire, loneliness" as I was all "yayyyy vampire!" I opened it up and was like whelp. It's the book I bought from here in December! This right here is why I do not like the "blind date with a book" picks as I fall for the tags and it's naturally a book I already bought. Sigh...:(
Then I picked up the fun Meet Me at the Bookstore tote, because that's where you'll always find me! Really, it probably should've said, "you can find me at the bookstore!" Lol!
Then I picked up a Main Street Books 30th Anniversary t-shirt! Figured better buy it now while I saw it vs next weekend on their actual anniversary celebration!


I also received my Fairy Loot YA book for the month! I didn't share a picture of it since I wasn't spoiled for it this time around, I figure might as well keep the secret going. The cover didn't seem too different from the UK standard, but the edges were nice, the naked cover was a little different. Not bad, just different. I was excited for the book anyway, so it didn't really matter to me! 



Then I got my latest A Touch of Magic Designs order. Really this time I just ordered the Cupcake pin, one because I just love collecting these, even if it's not my fandom. Luckily for me, this month's cupcake was ONCE UPON A BROKEN HEART! I was OVER THE MOON for this one!


Then I also received bonus goodies! One was the set of Ruhn (?) prints. I honestly forgot his name, I still need to read the second Crescent City book!
I also got this beautiful book pin on the right in a pretty plum purple color!


THANK YOU A Touch of Magic Designs!



Lastly, I received my preorder from Iridescent Fairytale. Sadly, I had ordered the set of Caraval prints but was sent book covers instead. It's all been worked out and I am getting my prints, I just don't have them yet and I sent the book covers back since I didn't really want another set of alternate covers. Telling myself I need to stop going down that route. So I will share the prints picture once I get them! Hopefully next week, if I am lucky!

The pin I did get was beautiful though so I was happy to get that! I now need to see if the hoop I have will work for my OUABH collection as a lot of these pins are BIG! So I may need to get a bigger pin hoop. I have to see how it looks before I can share the finished look! 



And that was it for me this week! Not too bad all things considered! Saturday was really kind of fun since the weather was really nice! What all did you get?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!