Apr 16, 2023

Stacking the Shelves

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


Well, it was another week. It started out mostly uneventful. I took Monday off as a floating holiday (Easter Monday, y'all!) and had a nice quiet day at home reading my book. It was a win-win! The rest of the week was pretty mundane. But then Friday, we got some terrible news that destroyed the good news I mentioned a few weeks ago. My sister was expecting her fourth child and just as she was pretty much at the end of her first trimester she had a miscarriage and lost the baby. If that wasn't enough, it happened on her 5th wedding anniversary. I can't imagine the pain she is going through and I'm just a little bit at a lost myself. We're all trying to accept that this was in God's hands, but it kind of hurts a little all around for us. I had been slowing planning a nice little welcome basket in an online cart, picking out favorite items that all three of her children enjoyed to see if baby #4 would enjoy them too and I was deleting the cart with a bit of tears this weekend. So yeah...maybe not the best of weeks, but it is what it is.


Here's what I got this week from Indie stores:

In Nightfall by Suzanne Young--when I saw Suzanne's post on Twitter about how no one showed up to her signing I was in tears! I hate living where none of my favorite authors live! I haven't read Suzanne's books in awhile, but I was just looking at this title the day before she posted, so I immediately ordered a book from her local indie store. Plus it's VAMPIRES!
Roar of the Tides by Veronica Rossi--
I was so excited to see a new installment of this series! Granted, I think it's been about 10 years since I read it! I was skimming my review the other day and was brought to enough memory of poor Roar and how his story felt unfinished! So I was excited to buy a copy and when I saw Veronica was offering signed copies with her indie store, I HAD to buy one as my current trilogy of this now quartet is signed...so OCD demanded I buy this one signed too!


Then I found about this newest installment in Kristen Painter's series that I love just last week, so I preordered that one while I was at it! I'm still a few books behind, but since you don't technically need to read them in order, it's not a big deal. But for me it kinda is because I always read the series in order no matter what! Lol.

Death Dates the Oracle by Kristen Painter


Then just as I was slowly contemplating about buying another Doll from Pages of the Night, Britnee had a flash sale and it was a sign that I needed to buy that Doll!

I decided I wanted the Julian on the Carousel of Roses horse too! That way I have the set! Lol!
Then on impulse I bought the wedding Evangeline I had been eyeing for awhile too. Since she was still in stock, I figured it was another sign. I totally broke the bank this month on my Doll purchases. Hopefully I can hold off on new ones until October...maybe November. Gotta give Britnee time to read the third book for new Dolls from that one! Lol.



And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?














No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!