May 19, 2023

Book Blogger Hop

 

 
This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
 
This week's question is: Have you ever attempted to repair a damaged book? (submitted by Billy @ Coffee Addicted Writer)




MY ANSWER: I have actually! I think it was when I got a signed book and I noticed the back of the pages wasn't glued very well to the spine. So I bought special glue that was said to be good for book binding and basically glued the back of the pages to the cover back.

Other times I had to "repair" the cover of books when publishers slap those nasty stickers on it. Sadly, on one of my last ones I was unable to pull the sticker off as it was peeling the cover colors off! It was a disaster. I felt like I should've gone to the store during release week when the stickers might have been "fresh" but I waited until I got my book which was 2-3 weeks after its release. Sigh...

I have a whole system for removing stickers from covers. It usually involves singeing my fingers with the hair dryer and then using a little bit of Goo Gone, a damp paper towel and a dry one and working in a quick and decisive manner! It's worked 99.9% of the time. And yes, that one recent book screwed up my ratio forever now! Lol.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!