May 11, 2023

Books from the Backlog #30

 

Books from the Backlog is a fun way to feature some of those neglected books sitting on your bookshelf unread.  If you are anything like me, you might be surprised by some of the unread books hiding in your stacks. This meme is hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books!

 

My blood is toxic to vampires . . .

If there's one thing I want, it's go get off this iceberg. I'm thinking college on the east coast. ANYWHERE besides Alaska.

Then a near-fatal car wreck changes everything. Government agents jump in and save my life in exchange for my services as a vampire hunter. Did they just say vampires? Yep. And they're not the kind that sparkle. They're rabid, disgusting, rude . . . and way too suave. Those are the ones I really have to watch out for.

A knife isn't my only weapon. My rare blood type sends vampires into temporary paralysis right before I have to finish the job by hand. Basically I'm a glorified chew toy.

Now I'm stuck with an overzealous partner, a group of suck junkies, and a maddening attraction to Mr. Joe Cool, dresses all in black, Fane Donado. I don't know if I want to punch him or kiss him, but clearly he's keeping secrets of his own.
 
The old Aurora is gone forever. Destroyed in the wreckage. I don’t know who I am anymore, only that I suddenly have intense cravings and a V.I.P. pass into Alaska’s underworld.

If vampires found out who I worked for it would be lights out forever. In the meantime, I have some undead ass to kick so long as it doesn't kick mine first.

 

So I added Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter by Nikki Jefford to my TBR pile in July of 2014! Naturally, being a vampire book I was ALL over it! But alas, here we are...it's a kindle book--so that's pretty much the reason why it keeps escaping my attention! Truly, having my physical books glare at me makes me try to read faster, but alas, I just can't seem to do it! Lol. I'd still like to read this one at some point. It looks like it's a 6 book series with a few novellas in between. I don't always read those in general unless I'm obsessed with the series, so we'll see what happens! Hopefully I can still get the other ones in the series if I enjoy it!

 

 

 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!