May 21, 2023

Stacking the Shelves--The One Where I Almost Didn't Get Anything...Until Yesterday!

 

Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts, and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Reading Reality


It was another quiet week. Not much happened, which is all fine and good. It was actually rather quiet in the mailbox this week too...until Saturday that is! Not only did I attend a signing to meet the duo that is Christina Lauren, but I came home to quite a few packages on the porch! And it's a bit late, so I'm super tired as I write this...I didn't sleep well the night before. So forgive any incoherentness. But the signing was a fun! I was once again, probably the only one there who wasn't so much a fan their romance novels, but ADORED The House. It's all good though! I got my copy signed, a nice candid picture, I was happy! 

 

So after seeing everyone under the sun get their copies of the Fairy Loot Crescent City books, mine finally arrived on Saturday! I was kind of worried because a LOT of people were talking about how their copies were damaged! Spines falling apart, pages not being attached to the spine...this is the stuff of pure horror stories!

Luckily, my copies were in decent condition. HOEAB might be a little wobbly where pages meet spine, but since I don't plan to read these copies, they should hold up okay. I guess the amount of pages and paper quality didn't mesh with the binding process. It's a scary world out there.

House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas
House of Sky and Breath by Sarah J. Maas


Overally, I'm pretty pleased with the copies. The dust jackets are really pretty! I didn't share the "hidden" cover design, just to leave something as a surprise should someone out there not have their copies yet!



Then I won a contest from the publisher...I honestly don't even remember where I won it! I just got an email a few weeks ago saying that I won and I was like cool! Lol!


Ink Blood Sister Scribe by Emma Torzs (ARC)


THANK YOU William Morrow/HarperCollins!



Then I received my preorder goodies for From the Grave! I was super excited for this book and the sticker and postcard are just so pretty!!


postcard/print
bookmark
SIGNED bookplate
sticker


THANK YOU Kresley & Naomi!



And finally, I had ordered one last thing from the JLA Shop! I had actually been wanting to find myself a nice kind of hooded blanket for my winter reading and I KNOW! I know I could've found a cheaper one just about anywhere else, but the design was pretty and I love Jennifer's books...so I treated myself! I can't use it for many months since we're getting to bloody hot temperatures, but it's nice to think of those upcoming cold winters!! Ahhh....a nice dream! Lol.






And that was it for me this week! What all did you get?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!